November 3, 2009

A Special Day...

Today is a very special day for a few different reasons....



First of all, today is my wonderful sister-in-law's birthday!!
Happy birthday Joy!!!

Joy is truly an amazing person to me. She is an intelligent, talented, and very capable woman, and has the most sensitive and loving heart. She is a wonderful mommy to our sweet niece Ryley, and a best friend to her husband Ryan. We had so much fun living near them for a little bit right after we got married, and wish we lived much closer! Joy--have a wonderful birthday!! Even though you are sick, I hope your day turns out to be a great one! We are praying that this is going to be your best year yet!!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another reason why this is such a special day is that 8 years ago tonight, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Justin proposed to me!!! I still remember that day like it was yesterday, and I can't believe that 8 years have flown by so quickly!! We were just babies, in our junior year of college, but I knew since I met him that he was the one for me. I've never imagined that I would be so blessed to share my life with such an incredible man, and I'm so thankful that God had such a wonderful plan for us!!

This is a picture from the night we got engaged--do we look happy or what?! Well, maybe I was the ecstatic one, and he was the relieved one that it was over!! =)


Our engagement picture...please ignore the blurriness of these photos. These were pre-digital camera pics, and I had to take a picture of the actual picture on my iphone to get them on here!!

As I was looking for these pictures, I found a fortune cookie fortune that I had saved from that year. It said, "Stop searching forever, happiness is just next to you." There are no truer words! I love you Justin!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a reminder that my mom's surgery is today...thanks for praying for her!!

Hope you enjoy the new fall look!!

5 comments:

Audra said...

That portrait looks familiar!!! You two do look pretty young in the picture from the night he proposed. Congratulations on your engagement anniversary, you are a testimony to fact that God did create soul mates!

I'll be praying for your mom.

Riley Kai said...

I actually have to say, you haven't aged much in 8 years and I am very jealous:-) The pics were cute and Happy Engagement Anniversary!

I have been praying for your mom and I am anxious to see how her surgery goes. I am facing a similar one soon! May your day be blessed with great memories and healing:-)

Cristina said...

I remember seeing that picture on Justin's desk.... I wonder if he remembers what I said to him????
I said, 'She's too pretty for you!' It sounds kind of rude, but it wasn't.... just being my normal 'mean' self! I am so glad that I met Justin and gave hima hard time... and then he introduced us! What a great story! =)

I hope that your mom is doing well.

Jenny Brannan said...

I remember when you got engaged! I almost fell off my chair when you told me. =) I'm so glad you found such a wonderful man! I wish you lived closer so we could hang out! Maybe we'll join you sometime in Texas... who knows?!? =)

Joy said...

Aly, you are so sweet to mention my birthday! Thank you for your thoughtfulness! So glad your mom's surgery went well! Lots of love from colorado!