November 29, 2009

End of vacation...

The last day of an extended vacation is always so sad to me...

You spend weeks looking forward to it--counting down the days until it is here...

And then like a flash, here I am, in the last hours of the vacation, and it is a little bit bittersweet. I wish I had more days, but it was such a great time off with family. Even being sick with a cold was worth it when because I got to lay around in bed reading when I wasn't feeling good! So much better than feeling icky at work!

So even though I wish I had more time off, I realize how lucky I am to even have a job that gives me time off at all! Not many people get a whole week at Thanksgiving and another 2 weeks at Christmas, less than a month later! Not to mention spring break and summer!! The perks of being a teacher!

So back to the grind tomorrow... but who am I kidding--it isn't a grind at all. I love my job, the kids, and my coworkers! So I guess, back to a great place tomorrow!! Hope you can have a good Monday and get back into the swing of things quickly!


15 days until Christmas break!!!
(Not that I'm counting or anything though!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! Sad, but oh so blessed to even have the time off. You are always so good at putting those feelings into words. Looking forward to your Christmas header and background! :-)