November 19, 2009

It will all be worth it!!!

Sometimes I wish I didn't care about other people so much.

My heart just hurts when I hear about others who are facing hard times in their lives.

I've been through hard times, yes, but seeing my friends hurt seems to be just as bad as if it is happening to me.

My heart breaks sometimes at the unfairness of it all...

I trust that God is in control, and that He knows the whole picture, but still...

Sometimes my heart just hurts.


"For our present troubles are quite small [even though they seem huge right now to us] and won't last very long [even though they seem to go on forever]. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever [thank the Lord!]! So we don't look at the troubles we can see right now [that seem to surround us on all sides]; rather, we look forward to what we have not yet seen. For the troubles we see will soon be over [YEAH!], but the joys to come will last forever [and it will all be worth it!]."

~ 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 [plus a few thoughts of mine]

3 comments:

Cristina said...

I know exactly what you mean.... feeling others pain right along with you.

erickson family said...

couldn't have said it better.

Audra said...

I hear you on that one. It can be hard, but I am so thankful to feel compassion for another person.