November 21, 2009

2012--Part 2

Well, I have to say, that for an "end of the world" type of movie, it was actually pretty good!! There were moments where I was on the edge of my seat, even though I knew the main characters had to make it in the end! There were also definitely quite a few places where I snickered or said, "yeah, right!" But all in all, I guess I would give this movie about a 6. Mostly for the amazing graphics and special effects. It just amazes me what they are able to do now to make everything look so realistic. I would think it would be so weird being the actors, having to act in response to so much that is really not there. I guess that is why they are called actors though!! =) I really liked the message at the end--about having compassion for humanity. Most of these 'end of the world' movies tend to have a theme of "global warming" or "humans are ruining the world and it is all our fault", but this one didn't really have to do with that. The world was ending, as we know it, because of something totally out of human control.

So all in all, we enjoyed this movie and would recommend it. You come away thinking it was a good movie, even if it didn't have the best plot and acting. Just perfect for a fun afternoon!!


...But I'm still looking forward to The Blind Side!!! And now some other great looking movies coming out next month! Overall, Justin and I just love watching movies!

No comments: