August 21, 2010

Stinking uterus...

So we're at the hospital...

Last night I had a really hard time sleeping, I wasn't sure if I was having contractions. My back was really hurting, and that really worried me since that was one big symptom I had two years ago with Jonathan. But no bleeding, leaking fluid, so I wasn't sure what was going on. I just didn't know if it was all in my head, and all of these feelings were normal at 27 weeks with twins.

By four, I was out in the living room, trying to get comfy, and Justin came out. He was obviously worried, saw that i was worried, and was the smart one and said, "Let's go. It will at least put your mind at ease." So we went off to the hospital at 5:45, and they were able to hook me up to the monitors right away and see that my stinking uterus was indeed having some contractions and uterine irritations. The boys' heartbeats looked and sounded great, though. They contacted my high risk doctor, and he came by around 1:30. He did an ultrasound, and my cervix and TAC are long, closed, and holding well. The boys look great, but his big concern is that with a TAC, contractions that don't stop and only get worse could lead to a ruptured uterus. Not a good thing at all, but he doesn't think my contractions are that strong yet. He just wants them to stop.

So...I'm laying here in a hospital bed, with a 48 hour magnesium sulfate drip to try to stop the contractions. He also, as a precaution, is giving me 2 steroid shots to help mature their lungs, just in case they have to be delivered early. We are praying that the mag will do the trick, and the boys will stay cozy and warm and grow for many more weeks! The doctor said even making it to 28 weeks (5 days from now) makes a huge difference. But that is still too early in this Mommy's mind.

Would you please lift us all up in prayer? Pray that the contractions stop. Pray that the boys are able to stay inside for many more weeks. Pray for Justin and I to be strong through this hurdle...this kind of Deja vu isn't fun. :-( Praise God that we have amazing doctors, amazing care, and a great NICU nearby, should we need it!

And it looks like I made it to bed rest! Maybe here in the hospital, or maybe at home. I'll do whatever it takes to give these boys the most time they need to develop! But if anyone has any good ideas or tips for bed rest activities, send them my way! :-)

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Dear Alyson,
I am thinking of you & Justin at this challenging time. I can imagine the memories it's bringing up for both of you. Praying that your uterus calms down and that your precious Will & Jack stay put for at least another month or two!
Sending lots of love to you all from Australia.
Kel xo

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Justin and those babies!

Nicole in NY

Katie Hale said...

Alyson, praying for you and your boys! I just know everything will be fine.

Ashley said...

Praying for you guys!

Suz said...

Oh no!!! Bless your heart! I will be praying!!

God has a BIG plan and I will pray that His plan is to keep those sweet boys in your tummy nice and cozy for a few more weeks to get them ready for this big ole world!!

And as far as bed rest activities! Hmm, I would suggest LOTs of chick flicks, a couple of books, and maybe convincing someone to hire you a massage therapists! haha! :) Praying for yousweet girl!

* Please keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. May you feel God's presence and reassurance at this time. All my love and hugs coming your way.
Brenda

Marie W said...

Praying, Praying, Praying! Praying the contractions stop, the little ones stay put, and for your peace of mind. As for bedrest tips.... make a schedule (it helped keep the boredom at bay, at least for a while). For example, 9-11:30 read, 11:30-1:30 surf the net, 1:30 - 3:30 call up some pals, skype, scrapbook, journal, and then the rest of the afternoon quick shower, dinner, tv. time with hubby. I would change it up daily. Keeping you and Justin in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.