August 29, 2010

My High Tech Baby Shower!

So laying around in a hospital bed gives me a lot of time to figure out some of the cool things on my new laptop! Instead of just a regular post about the great shower I got to "go" to yesterday, I made a video with iMovie! Still figuring out little things, and this was really my first official one, but I think it turned out okay! Hope you like it!

Justin and my parents went above and beyond throwing us this shower, and so many wonderful friends came to celebrate. Even though I wasn't actually there physically, thanks to modern technology, and a borrowed laptop from some friends, I was "ichat-ed" in and got to participate! There were a few glitches when they couldn't really hear me, but I could hear and see everything that was going on! And my wonderful husband was my stand in...and did an amazing job!!

I don't think I got everyone who was there on the video, but I so appreciate all of you and your love. Thanks also to those who couldn't come and sent special notes and presents! You are all so very thoughtful and went above and beyond! I can't wait until I get to see all the wonderful things for our boys in person! =)

Hope the video works...pause the music at the bottom of the page if you'd like!


What an absolutely wonderful day!!!

6 comments:

Amber Ross said...

That is so sweet! I am so glad you were able to be a part of your beautiful shower!! Praying for you!!!

Riley Kai said...

So cool! ...and I have to give Justin major points for this one! I loved how he was holding things up so that you could see!

Brian and Dara said...

SO COOL!!!! My favorite part has to be Justin opening all the presents surrounded by so many women! What a great memory you have now and such a unique experience!

Jodi said...

Love it!!!

Ronni said...

OK, that is so cool! Props to Justin for enduring all of that - and with a big smile to boot :)

Trisha said...

Your husband is a TROOPER! Wow! This is such an awesome keepsake that you can show the boys when they are older!!!! I love that you didn't let being in the hospital spoil your party - your guests looked very happy, too! I'm sure everyone will remember it forever.