August 18, 2010

27 weeks!!


A sneak peak of Will from yesterday's ultrasound... Look at that little button nose!!

It says Twin A, but she labeled it wrong and it really is Will...during this one, he was actually opening his eye! Just amazing!!!

Jack was still too far down, with his head down, to get any good pictures of him, and the tech says it will get harder and harder to get pictures of them as they get bigger. Bummer! But it is absolutely hilarious how when they do the ultrasound, we see just a jumble of arms and legs!! They are definitely getting bigger in there!!

They are both doing great...still no sign of TTTS, which means we're pretty much over any big risk from it! Yeah! My cervix is still long and closed, which means my TAC is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing! Praise Jesus! I just has to hold everything tight for at least 9 more weeks!!

~~~~
(Belly picture coming later today)


How big are the babies?

Your baby at 27 weeks weighs slightly under 2 pounds. Your baby's total length is close to 14.4 inches. Your baby is now a perfectly formed albeit very tiny human being, but of course, he will continue growing as you continue your pregnancy week by week .

Total weight gain/loss?

Still no official weight check--that will happen at my OB appointment next week when I do my glucose check. But unofficially, at home, I've gained between 18-21 pounds. So not too bad! I have a feeling as the boys continue to grow, that number is going to change drastically!!


Belly measurement?

44 inches...so far I seem to be growing .5 inches a week!


Stretch marks?

Still none!


Sleep?

Depends on the night...about half of the nights this week were okay, but the other half I had some trouble getting deep sleep!


Best moment this week?

My brother was here last weekend, and he was so adorable! He is just so excited about these boys! He couldn't get enough of looking at my belly, feeling them kick, and talking to them! He is going to be a great uncle, and they are going to have a lot of fun with him!


Movement?

There has been lots of movement from both of the boys this week. The ultrasound proved this yesterday when Will had changed positions again--from transverse to head up on my left side with his little bum sitting on my cervix, and my bladder!!


Food Cravings?

Not really...I feel like I'm really slacking in the craving department during this pregnancy! I thought you were supposed to be ravenous when pregnant, especially when pregnant! Oh well--I'm sure these boys will eat us out of house and home as they grow!!!


Labor signs?

Nope...having a few braxton hicks contractions now and then, but nothing showing any concerns as signs of pre-term labor.


Belly button--in or out?

Still technically in, but pretty darn close to being a flat belly button, not an innie or outie!


What am I looking forward to?

Next week! 28 weeks is officially 3rd trimester--so exciting! Also, next week I'm having 2 more baby showers!


Milestones?

I guess the fact that I could tell that their eyes are opening now is a milestone...just one step closer to them being ready to enter the world! I can hardly wait to see those 4 little beautiful eyes looking up at me!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Woohoo!! Keep growing boys!
Hugs to you both!
Brenda

Trisha said...

Looking good!!!!! Babies are adorable and they'll be here before you know it!

Suz said...

How exciting!!! You are getting so close! That is so sweet that your brother is so excited!! :)

Gene Steiner said...

Thrilling report! We love you!

Ssanchez said...

Your baby shower looked fabulous! You can feel the love of your family and friends, Congratulations!