August 27, 2010

New home...

Well, I’m officially in my new home.  Right before lunchtime today, I had a big episode of bleeding and a large clot (TMI—I’m sorry!).  It was a bit scary, but my dad was at my house already bringing me lunch, and brought me quickly back to the hospital. Justin met us here within minutes, and  we were quickly put on monitors, to make sure that the bleeding wasn’t affecting the babies.  After monitoring them for about 3 hours, they’ve determined that the babies are just fine, and most likely the bleeding is from my low-lying placenta, but not in a way that is, as of right now, doing anything to the babies.  I haven’t been having any contractions either, so right now, they are not thinking that labor is imminent. 

 

But, we are pretty much here in the hospital for the long haul.  They moved me from a labor and delivery room to the high-risk ob floor, and it really isn’t bad.  Would you believe it…they even allow people to bring up their pets for 2-hour stretches at a time!  So, starting next week, Betsy can come and visit her mommy!  How cool is that?  The nurses and doctors are wonderful…making me feel so comfortable, and are very encouraging to me to make myself as much at home as possible!  I even have a little fridge in my room!

 

The neonatologist came and spoke with us tonight as well—what a wonderful doctor!!! He reinforced the fact that the boys being over 28 weeks is a GREAT thing! Justin and I were so happy to get to have this talk with him right away.  He even said that if we’d like to go on a tour of the NICU, we are more than welcome to!  This hospital definitely is where we want to be for our boys…the NICU is great, and no matter what amount of time they have to be here, they are going to be in the best hands.  We just believe that being here on bed rest will allow me to go all the way, and they won’t have to even see the NICU!

 

I did have a little breakdown after the doctor came back this afternoon and said that I was here for the duration. My hubby just held me, and reminded me that this is just the best for all of us.  I know that, and I’m so glad to be here too. But, I think the thing that made me cry, was that my shower was supposed to be tomorrow.  My parents had gotten everything ready at their house, and people were even starting to arrive.  Just a little thing, but made me sad. 

 

BUT… thanks to today’s technology, and a wonderful friend letting us borrow their MacBook, I’m going to get to ichat in to my own shower tomorrow morning! So the shower is still on!  God is so good…even taking care of little details like that for me!

 

Thanks (again and again!) for all your continued prayers…and I’m sure I’ll be checking in regularly from my new little home…Room 353 at Plano Presby!

7 comments:

The Toole Family said...

we are thinking of you... Enjoy your shower tomorrow. My gift should have made it....

Amber Ross said...

I am glad you are still getting to have your shower tomorrow and you will be a part of it! I am praying for you guys! Rest, rest, rest!!

Kelly said...

Wow isn't technology amazing! I'm so glad you won't completely miss out on your shower tomorrow Alyson!

Thinking of you all and wishing you an uneventful few weeks. That's so great that you're allowed pets there...so cute!

Marie W said...

I am sorry to hear you are in the hospital, but as sorry as I am, I know you are in the best place. Enjoy your shower tomorrow and know that I am keeping you all in prayer. What a wonderful mom, dad, and husband you have!

Anonymous said...

As much as I wish you were home, I am glad you are where they can take good care of you and the boys. Try to relax and know that God is there holding you throughout this. Hugs coming your way.
Love,
Brenda

Jodi said...

Sweetie, I am so sorry to hear that you will have to stay in the hospital - but if that's what the boys need then that's what the boys need! The first of many sacrifices you will make as a mommy! But, all the sacrifices are sooooo worth it!!! Love you and I expect pictures of Betsy and you snuggling!

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I just had a baby on May 11 at 27 weeks, 5 days and had spent 7 weeks on bed rest at the hospital! I couldn't do anything but lie on my back, so watching series of shows was a great way to spend my time.... ugh. I do feel for you and pray everything goes well.