August 31, 2010

Encouraged!!

Well, what a difference 24 hours makes in my emotional level! First of all, thank you to ALL of you who are praying for us, sending us encouraging notes, emails, texts, Facebook messages, etc...even if I haven't responded to you, I've gotten them all, and I appreciate your words so very much!

So far, last night and today have been my best day yet since I've been here! The bleeding is just about stopped, my water hasn't broken, my cervix is seeming to hold tight, and I haven't had any recorded contractions since yesterday morning! Praise Jesus!

Yesterday started off so hard, but ended up being a great day. I just have the best doctors, here at the hospital, and other ones I've been under the care of! My dad sent an email to Dr. Haney (my TAC dr in Chicago), and in about an hour, he was calling me. Amazing! We spoke for about 35 minutes, then he called my MFM Dr. Z (my high risk doctor here), and then called me back! I have never had such wonderful experiences with doctors taking so much time and one-on-one amazing care before. We are all still not exactly sure what has really happened...it does look like the TAC isn't doing what it is supposed to do, but we really don't know if it broke, came untied, was weak, etc. Dr. Haney is so wanting to learn everything we can from what is happening, so if there need to be changes is TAC procedures in the future, they can be made. He is continually studying, adapting, and making these TACs the best they can possibly be for women with incompetent cervix. We are mulling all sorts of possibilities within my own body that could explain what is going on, so hopefully, down the road, we can figure out some things! I still am a whole-hearted proponent of the TAC...even if we find out that mine has 'failed' to stay in permanently.

Justin, my mom, my dad, and I met with the OB doctor here last night, and I can't even begin to tell you how encouraged we all were. We have a great plan in place for when things start happening...the babies are #1 priority, and by careful monitoring, they will determine the speed at which the c-section takes place. They are all completely understanding of my fears, my history, and my SUPER unusual situation. I feel so comfortable being under their care (there are 7 doctors who rotate through my care). Seems crazy with so many people involved, but I love it because it means that there is someone here 100% of the time to take care of my boys and me!!

So all these details to say that I'm so very encouraged. Whenever these boys come, they are going to be in great hands, and however long they stay inside of me, they are in great hands! The prayers and love of people all around the world is giving us all the strength to continue on with peace!!

Phillipians 4:6-7 was such a lifeline to us when we were going through everything with Jonathan, and God brought it to us again twice yesterday...from completely different people who definitely hadn't talked to each other. God is so good, and He is in control!!

"Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

We rejoice with you for a good day today, and in the awesome team of doctors and support staff that He created for you. We will keep praying for you, Justin & the boys.

Alida MacKenzie

amy (metz) walker said...

Praying fervently...love you!

Katie Hale said...

I am praying for you guys!! So glad things are better.

Diana said...

Lifting you and your family up.

Kelly said...

I'm so happy to hear that you're doing much better today Alyson! It does sounds like you are in wonderful hands too which makes a world of difference. Continuing to think of you and sending love to you all from Australia xo

Lindsay said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better about things today!! I'm continuing to think about you and your sweet boys!

Katie Long - Kathleen Rose Photography said...

Hi there- I have been following for a while (I am one of Joy's friends from Colorado)
I am a photographer and I just photographed newborn twin boys! I thought it may be fun to see what you will be getting soon! Praying for you!
Katie Long
http://kathleenrosephotography.blogspot.com/2010/08/denver-newborn-photography-evan-and.html

Kendra said...

YEA for good news!!!! My niece was born at 26 weeks, and she just celebrated her 3rd bday on 8/26!

Will be praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

You have such a great attitude Alyson! you are on my mind and in my prayers all the time... isn't it great that even though I am so many miles away, that I can still pray and that our great God hears us .. and is not limited by distance? What a comfort to know He has it all planned out for you. I just can't wait to see those first pictures of your miracles (ok, I can wait a bit!)

Jodi said...

So glad to hear this wonderful news! God is faithful always!! Will continue to pray for you, Justin and your boys! Thanks for keeping us updated - Our whole family continually checks up on your blog! :)

erickson family said...

praying so hard.

Ronni said...

ditto Jolene -praying so hard

Jessica Purser said...

I went to high school with Justin, and I've been following your blog off and on for the past six months or so.

You and Justin have strength that I can't even imagine. I just read his Facebook update about game time, and I'm guessing you're having a C-section right about now.

No matter what happens over the next few hours, the next few weeks and months, I'm praying that God holds you close to Him, in His bosom, that His angels stand guard around you and between anything else that tries to come for you. In His blood, we are healed.

You are a mighty, mighty woman, and God will show His face and His grace through you.

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.