August 12, 2010

26 Weeks!






How far along?

26 weeks!


How big are the babies?

(from pregnancy.org)

"Your baby may weigh about 2 pounds now and is 14 inches in length. To support the baby's growing body, the spine is getting stronger and more supple. Though no longer than the span of the average adult hand, it is now made up of 150 joints, 33 rings, and some 1,000 ligaments. Air sacs in the lungs form now. Lungs begin to secrete a greasy substance called surfactant. Without surfactant the fetal lungs would stick together and couldn't expand after the baby is born. Although they've been sealed shut for the last few months, your baby's eyes are opening and beginning to blink this week. Retinas begin to form. Brain wave activity for hearing and sight begins to be detectable. Fetal brain scans show response to touch. If you shine a light on your abdomen, your baby will turn his head, which according to researchers, means his optic nerve is working."

So amazing to us that all that is going on inside of me! Justin and I can hardly wait to test out the flashlight and see if they move!


Total weight gain/loss?

I've kind of stayed the same this week...depending on which scale I use, I've gained between 18-20 pounds.


Belly measurement?

43 1/2 inches


Stretch marks?

Still none!!!


Sleep?

I've been starting to wake up in the middle of the night, or early, and not be able to go back to sleep. It's not that I'm super uncomfortable or anything, but I just can't sleep! Strange!


Best moment this week?

I was playing music to them with some cool belly headphones that I have, and they reacted to it! Right when I put them on, they started moving for a few minutes!! So cool! They like Delirious, and also Baby Einstein's classical music! Going to try out some more great CDs we have!


Movement?

I've been loving feeling the rolling type movements! Instead of just the taps/kicks, Will has been seeming to make longer, rolling-type movements. It almost feels like he is riding a bicycle in there or running...Justin said, "Aww...my little triathlete!" Too cute!

I've been feeling a TON of movement from Will on my left side this week, and according to a quick ultrasound we had this week, he has totally crammed himself over into Jack's space...so much so that Jack is curled into a ball way down low on my left side! So low that they had a hard time getting low enough to see him by ultrasound!! (If you look at my belly pictures above, you can see that my stomach is really heavy and kind of hanging down!) After a little talking to from his mommy, I think Will has started to go back to his side a little bit today...I'm feeling Jack moving more so I think he must have a little bit more space! =) Poor little guy!!


Food cravings?

Nothing major...just love anything with bread. But doing my best to make sure I'm getting lots of protein!


Labor signs?

None!!


Belly button--in or out?

Still in, but not by too much!


What am I looking forward to?

My brother is coming to town tomorrow to see my belly, and that will be a lot of fun! Also, my first shower is on Saturday!! I can hardly wait!!


Milestones?

We are on the 10 week countdown (making it to 36 weeks)! It seems incredible that we could really be this close to meeting the boys! I hope we really are more like on the 11-12 week countdown for their development-sake! 10 weeks just seems like it's right around the corner!!


I made a photo slideshow of my belly shots up to this week...amazing how much my tummy has grown! I'll keep adding to this each week, because I'm sure I still have a lot of growing to do!! Way to go, baby boys!!


Make photo slide shows at www.OneTrueMedia.com

~~~~

And Happy, Happy Birthday to my sweet friend, Amy!! I hope you have a great day today! Love you!

9 comments:

Tena said...

So glad to hear continued good news! Praying for all of you!
Tena

Cristina said...

Good Job Boys!!!

I love to see the progression of your growing belly! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! =)

Marie W said...

You look great mama!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! You look amazing and I'm thrilled everything is continuing to go well! Take care and enjoy those boys!!
Love,
Brenda

Gene Steiner said...

Thrilling - that we can share in your exciting journey of pregnancy with the twins! It's your turn to shine - and you are... brilliantly as fantastic parents-to-be. Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Joy said...

The first song that tiny baby Ryley started "dancing" to was Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." I will never ever forget that magical moment of feeling her move in reaction to the music!!! :-)

Audra said...

I love the montage! So wonderful to hear you are on the countdown. When your blog opened, the first thing I noticed was that the number of days to go on your ticker was under 100!!! I wish I could come to your shower, have fun!!! Love you!

amy (metz) walker said...

I love all of these updates! Your belly button looks like it's going to pop! out at any moment! So happy for your happiness, friend. I ended up ordering my mom a necklace like the one you sent me. So thoughtful of you.

Ronni said...

Yay - COngrats on making it to 26 weeks, you are glowing :)

I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the shower this weekend. I hope you had a wonderful time and received lots of great baby gifts. I can't wait to see pictures :)