April 6, 2009

Psalm 37: 5, 7

"Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act."


Last night we went to a worship night at our church, Hope Fellowship, and it was amazing. I am always blessed by the talented people we have at our church, and we are already enjoying their second cd that just came out. One of the songs on there is called Still, and I love it. Today's verse is a theme throughout the song, and it is such a reminder to me every time I sing it. I'm so bad at sitting still--I always have something that I'm doing, working on, or getting ready to start. I can't even watch tv without something in my hands to work on! So sitting back, being still, focusing on God, waiting patiently (argh) is something I'm definitely working on.

Yesterday I was with Betsy out in the backyard, and I made myself just sit still and praise God. Usually I have a book or something that I'm looking at, but I just made myself sit. Wow--what a wonderful moment with the Lord! Now if I could just make myself slow down and be still! That is my goal for this week (my goal for my life really, but I'm going to take baby steps!), to make the time every day to be still before God, soaking Him in, praising Him, and trusting Him for my future! I'm sure He loves it when we give Him our attention and love, which He deserves so much more of than we make the time to give!

Hope your week gets off to a great start!

PS-Here are the lyrics to the song...simple, but so powerful!!

Surround me, Lord, with your presence
Teach me how to be still
And as I wait, I will trust you
Forever changed by your will

I will be still
Surrounded by your grace
I stand here with open arms
And a heart that is changed


Wow...

2 comments:

Ronni said...

I haven't had a chance to comment yet, but I am loving your daily posts!

I saw your post on our blog this morning - we had such a good time hanging out with you too! We are praying for you this week and next :-)

Suz said...

This is such a great post! Very encouraging. I too have the problem of just being still to allow God to speak to me!