April 3, 2009

Babe's and the Bible...

Last night Justin and I went with some our our lifegroup friends to Babe's Chicken to celebrate our friend Pete's birthday. It was such fun! If you've never been to a Babe's Chicken and you're anywhere around the Dallas Metroplex, you have to try it at least once! It is family style, and you get TONS of food!! The waitresses dance/do the hokey pokey/line dance every 20 minutes or so, so it is quite a festive atmosphere! The building is really neat too--I couldn't find the pictures I'd take of it the last time we went, so here is one off the website. It looks like this old, old farm building, that had to have been out enduring the weather for years. It even has old farm equipement and other things that just make you feel like you're joining a farm family for a big supper, way out in the boondocks!! Here is our friend Pete, the birthday boy, doing the chicken dance as the waitresses sang to him. He really didn't want this to happen, but I just couldn't resist letting it slip that it was his special day!! =)
Here is our group--our complete lifegroup is 11 couples with 8 babies, so you can tell that this was just a small group tonight!Here are the close-ups....
Pete and Jolene (with Baby Henry still growing until his due date on May 31st)...



Brittany and Brent, with their baby girl, Casey...



Christy and Will with their baby girl, Keely...


And us!!



It was such a fun time, and we are always reminded how blessed we are to have such wonderful friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's verse that I'm focusing on is Isaiah 40:28-31...
"Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak. Even youths will become exhausted, and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."
I love these verses because there are so many times through all of this that I've just felt plain weary, too weak, sometimes physically, but most of the time emotionally, that I didn't know how I'd go on. But God always has given me the strength I have needed to keep going, to keep believing, to keep hoping. I want to wait on the Lord, to trust Him for the strength I need!
Hope you have a wonderful Friday!!

4 comments:

Marie W said...

Glad you had a great time. It is also because of your positive spirit, that I nominated you for the Lemonade Award. Check out my blog when you get a chance!
That scripture is also one of my favorites. Join http://ic.hobh.org/forums as soon as you can! It is a great source of info and tons of support. Many of the women have gone through the same thing and hearing their experiences keep me sane.
Praying for you always.
Marie

Christina said...

I love that verse, it reminds me of Fresno Christian : )

The Toole Family said...

Alyson,
Take a look at Kelly's Korner blog and you will see that I one a pair of shoes. How random... Now, do you know her in person or just from blog world? You are in our thoughts and prayers. Also, thank you for the precious gifts for Carter and Abby. (your official note is in the mail)
Shawn

Taryn said...

Isaiah 40:31 is my life verse. Such a wonderful passage and a total reminder of God's power in our lives. I was JUST like you during this waiting period and I remember those days very well. I'm even starting to feel some of those feelings again as we would love to have a sibling for Austin. Just cling to His word just as you are. God will get you though all of this and you will be stronger for Him on the other side! I continue to pray. I am sending you a hug and looking forward to good news! Stay strong.
Taryn