April 3, 2009

His plans for me...

Saturday's verse that I'm focusing on is Jeremiah 29:11-13...

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.'"

I love these verses! Most of the time, you just hear the first part--God' promises about His wonderful plans for my future. I have clung to this verse each time I lost a baby to a miscarriage, and when Jonathan died--what I felt like was 'disaster'. In my mind, my future would not be complete without children, but through this verse, God reminds me of my eternal future as well--the one I will spend praising Him in heaven, but also getting to be back with my babies! What a promise! The second part of the verse is a good reminder to me also--God wants us to seek Him, earnestly!! There are many times I pray, but am not hunting, desiring, reaching to find Him. I have to focus on this because His promise is that when we do that, we WILL find Him!!

Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

I am so proud of you for posting a verse everyday. I know how hard it is to stick to posting on a regular basis. Great Job! I am enjoying reading the inspiring versus. We are still praying for you everyday!