April 7, 2009

Award...and today's verse

I was so surprised the other day when I received the Lemonade Award from my friend Marie at My Expected End. Thanks, Marie!! This award is apparently for the bloggers who maintain a positive attitude despite the trails they encounter. Through all the stuff we've gone through, I can honestly say that it is God that have given me the strength to "make lemonade"!! Justin and I both pray that Jonathan's short life, and our experience through this time will bless others and bring people closer to Jesus!!
This is how it works
1. Put the award on your blog or post
2. Nominate bloggers with a great attitude or gratitude
3. Link their blog in your post
4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
5. Share on your blog why you nominated them for this award.
6. Link to the person who gave you the award.



Here are people I think are very deserving of this award~

1. Joy (Ode to a Joyous Journey) I am so amazed by my sister-in-law, and inspired by her faith. She has been trying to have another baby for even longer than I have, and has endured a miscarriage. Through all of this and other events in her life, she has stayed positive and trusted in God. She definitely is "making lemonade" out of the lemons in her life!! Love you, Joy!


2. Amy (Chapters) My friend Amy has been through so much in her life, yet she still is an inspriation to me! She is such a creative, talented, and genuinely caring person, trusting in God through even the hardest things life could through at her, and her life shows me that she is definitely "making lemonade" out of what seems like lemons in her life!



3. Lianna (Growing Our Own Garden) My blog world friend Lianna knows all too well the struggles of desiring a baby more than anything. Through this all, including unsuccessful fertility treatments, she always stays positive! She is the one that showed me how important it is to be thankful for what life has given me, even in the midst of hardship! She's definitely "making lemonade"!!

You women are all an inspiration to me!! I'm glad you're in my life!

~~~~~

Here is today's verse...

Ps. 27: 3

"Children are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward from him."

I'm waiting, trusting, and thanking God ahead of time for my reward(s)!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you, Aly, for the award. You are so special to me, and I feel the same way about you! You will have your reward of children very, very soon. :-)

Ronni said...

Yay for the award, You definatley deserve it!

Cristina said...

Congrats on the award! That is so cool.