April 13, 2009

Easter recap...

We had a wonderful Easter!! We went to church, and then over to my parent's house for a delicious meal! My mom cooked a yummy ham, cheesy potatoes (Justin's favorite), asparagus, and I contributed a cherry jello dish. YUM!! And I ate way too much!! Justin's dad, Gene, was able to come and eat with us as well, so we couldn't pass up taking some pictures!! What a fun day!

Here is Justin and his dad...

Us...

With my parents and the puppies...

Us...again...

and again...
With my mom...

With the girls...
With my dad...

My cuties...


It was a tough, exhausting day for Betsy...

And my drivers on the way home...

(FYI--Betsy usually never rides on Justin's lap when he is driving. It was only for about 5 blocks. She pushed her way up, and my hands were full with leftovers so I couldn't hold her myself! It made me nervous--thinking about an airbag hitting both of them, but it was too cute to not take a picture of! I just thought I'd share this in case you were thinking how awful and unsafe we were!)
~~~
Okay--so being honest, I'm a little anxious about these next 4/5 days. The last two cycles, I haven't even made it to the pregnancy test day, and I'm praying that this is the one where it all works, that I will make it to Friday, take the test, and find out that I am pregnant. I'm nervous, but I'm trying to do my best to change my thoughts--when I start thinking negatively, to replace them with the truths from the Word! I am trusting God--but it doesn't mean the anxiousness/nervousness isn't there. I just have to give it to Him!!
So this week I will be standing on this verse. It is a verse that our pastor gave to us when we were on bedrest in the hospital. It has almost become like my second life verse this past year, and will be at the forefront of my mind this week...
Philippians 4:6-7
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everthing. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
I want to have peace, peace no matter the outcome of this week. I want to trust God, and to pray instead of worry. And I want to experience peace that is, from what the verse says, better than anything I could ever even imagine! I am thankful that He is guarding my heart and mind, and is in control of everything!!!

6 comments:

The Toole Family said...

Great pictures. Relax the next few days. Their is a plan.....
Love, Shawn

Danielle said...

Praying for you this week. God has a plan for your life. Continue to trust in him. Loved the pics.

Suz said...

That verse is so true. It hit me in a different way this morning. Thanks for sharing it.

I am praying for you guys! The pictures are precious! You are such a good looking couple and love your Easter dress.. Your parents look great too! Loved all the pics! :)

Hannah said...

Your puppy is so cute :)

Cristina said...

You are so good about taking your camera everywhere and taking pictures... I can't even remember to charge the batteries most of the time, let alone remember to take my camera with me. We are always praying... you know that. Talk to you later!

Joy said...

Very nice pictures! Everybody looks so good, including Betsy!!! She looks especially pretty.

We love you and are praying for you, as always!!!!!