April 2, 2009

And now we trust!!

Thank you again for your prayers!! We are done with the IUI, and now we are into the waiting/trusting/believing time! Everything went really well today, and I go back on the 17th for our pregnancy test. So I've decided that for these next 15 days, I'm going to focus on a different verse about faith, believing, and trusting each day. Like I said before, God has given me peace these last few weeks. But this doesn't mean I'm not human, that I don't doubt, worry, wonder, or think about the what ifs. So I'm going to daily build my faith by posting a different verse each day--and that will be the truth that I'm believing for each day--the promise that God is reminding me of. I figure that each day can be a thankful day--I'm thankful for the support I have from my family and friends--I'm thankful for the doctors and advances in medicine that even allow me to have a possibility of children, but most of all I'm thankful my God and for the promises He gives in the Bible that give me hope.
Today my verse is my favorite verse, my life verse since I was 13, Proverbs 3:5 & 6.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
So many times I find myself trying to "do" everything without any help. I feel like I'm a pretty self-sufficient person, and capable of doing many things on my own. Sometimes I forget to put my trust in Him--only leaning on Him when the times are tough. This verse reminds me that at all times, in all situations, I have to trust Him, depend on Him, because in the end, when I do that (and thankfully, even when I don't) He loves me and His plan for my life is the best!!! What a wonderful God we serve! And times like this, when I have absolutely no control of what is happening inside my own body, I will trust Him!!

7 comments:

Marie W said...

Believing with you and walking this journey with you. Everyday I will be offering up a word of prayer for you. God is so good and I am thanking him in advance for your blessing.

The Writer Chic said...

I will be praying along with you, A. God's blessings and peace on you as you wait.

Lianna Knight said...

Such a great verse...I pray over that one a lot too :)

Sarah said...

I will be praying for you!

Kristy said...

I am praying!!!

Cristina said...

We so eager for the 17th to get here!!! We will be praying and trusting in God!

I look forward to seeing your daily verses too!

Tena said...

Praying for you!