September 8, 2009

Triathlon #2!!

Yesterday we spent the morning watching Justin complete his second triathlon. Let me just tell you...my husband is amazing! Along with all the other people who also do triathlons. I just can't imagine ever being able to do one of them...I mean swimming 300 meters, biking 15 miles, and then topping it off with a 3.1 mile run...YIKES!!

But my husband, along with our friend Harry, did a great job--even with the super heat and humidity! We were all exhausted just standing there watching in the heat! This triathlon was called the Blackland Triathlon, and there were so many people in it! It started at 8:45, but because there were so many people, Justin didn't even get to jump into the pool to start until 9:45! Once he started, he did a great job, and finished in 1 hour and 47 minutes...wow. I'm so proud of my hubby, and am so excited that he has found this new sport that he absolutely loves! He is so much healthier because of it, and to date, has lost 45 pounds since he started training last November.

Here are some pictures from the day...
Justin waiting to set up his transition area

During their waiting time to start the swim
Pool action Still going

Finally done with the pool!

The cheering squad (Gene, Kathy, me, Katie (Harry's wife), my mom, and my dad--taking the pic)Finishing up the bike part
Harry during the run
Harry's final turn
A proud Katie and a tired Harry!
Justin in mid run...last leg
The final turn--almost in
Flying in--my silly husband!
Success!! Finished!!
Mom-in-law helping him cool off a bit =)
The tired guys, happy to be done!
Great job, Justin and Harry! You guys are amazing!!!

4 comments:

Suz said...

I'm worn out just seeing this post! ha! That is impressive!

Joy said...

I am so proud of my little brother! Thanks so much for posting the pictures; we wish we could have been there!!!

Lianna Knight said...

WOW!!! I'm so impressed...what an awesome hubby you have :)

Cristina said...

Hey, sorry I have been M.I.A. for awhile... I miss talking to you. So proud of Justin and excited to hear about all of the Seiner happenings. Lets talk soon!