September 14, 2009

Another step in IVF...

Here is the spread of drugs that came a few weeks ago for this process. It isn't even all! I actually ordered one more drug today that only lasts 30 days so you have to order it close to when you need it. These are the big needles that Justin will have to do for me---yikes! But I'm not going to worry about those until the time comes! =)Today starts our next part of our IVF journey. For the last 2 weeks or so, I have been doing daily shots of Lupron (the medicine that makes me not ovulate too early). Little needles...no problem! Today I start Gonal-f shots. These are also little needles, and this medicine makes the follicles that contain the eggs start to grow. I have done these before with our prior cycles, but the dosage is upped for IVF. The goal is to create 10-15 eggs, so we have good chances for this cycle bringing us a baby.
Don't worry...I'm not planning on being the next Octomom =) ...my dr will only implant 2 embryos back into me when the time comes. So there is a chance for twins, but not much more than that!

I'm really looking forward to getting this part of the process going. It finally feels like we are on our way! I will go in on Friday for my first sonogram, to see how the follicles are growing so far. Please pray that there will be no side effects from the medicine over the next few weeks, and that we will not have too many follicles grow. There is always the risk of too many, which could lead to something called hyperstimulation, which I definitely don't want! Thanks for your continued prayers, and I will keep you updated!

7 comments:

Marie W said...

Good Luck Alyson!

Tena said...

Praying for you, friend!

Lianna Knight said...

This may sound weird, but I remember being so excited when my medicine came in. It was as if my motherhood was SOON approaching.

I was terrified of the big needles too....but I would take a piece of ice and numb the area I would be sticking and it did the trick every single time!

Praying for great results!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Much luck and prayers....Can't sleep tonight so am blog hopping....Love your blog
Hope you will stop by and see my new Christmas blog... http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
There is a GREAT giveaway going on now....and then my family blog is
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
I love finding new blogs and make new blog friends.

Shannon Delcambre said...

praying for you big time!!

Anonymous said...

Alyson,
We are praying for you guys! I have been wondering how it was going. I really miss seeing you!
Michelle

The Pifer's said...

Always praying for you and your family.

Love, Hugs and prayers-
Tiff
Thepiferfamily.blogspot.com