September 18, 2009

IVF update...

I just got back from my dr. appointment/sonogram, and all is looking really good so far!!

For those of you familiar with the IUI/IVF process, these numbers and terms will make sense to you, but for the rest of you, I'll try to explain so it is understandable! =)

My lining right now (after 4 days of shots) is at a 7.37mm. The tech said right now in the cycle they'd at least like to see a 5, so we are well ahead of that. This is great news, because in the last 3 IUI cycles I did, my lining never got much over a 7, and I think that is why they didn't work. A lining, as far as I know, should be around 11-12mm thick for it to be a good place for an embryo to implant into.

I have over 40 follicles right now that they are watching/counting. This is A LOT (they want about 10-15 good follicles/eggs at retrieval time), but that is okay, because not all of them will get to the mature size that they need to be at for retrieval (18mm or bigger is considered mature in this process). Right now, my right ovary has 11 measuring at least 11mm, and 18 at 8.5mm. My left ovary has two 13mm, a 12.5mm, two 11.5mm, an 11mm, and fourteen that are 9mm or less. So...so far so good!! Because I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) I naturally have a lot of follicles that could produce eggs, so they watch me VERY carefully. Like I said on the last post...I don't want to be an Octo-mom, and my dr. doesn't want me to be either!!

So the plan is 2 more days of shots, at a slightly lower dose, and I go back in on Sunday morning for another sonogram. The nurse said we will probably be ready for retrieval by the 22 or 23!!! I was thinking it would be later, so this is very exciting!!! Whatever date we do the retrieval, five days after that is when they will put two embryos back in, and then 9 days after that we will find out that it worked and we are pregnant!!! That is what I'm praying for. It seems unreal that possible in 19 days, we could be officially pregnant!!

So all is going great here in our house...well except maybe for my tummy. It is so bruised from all the shots I'm giving myself!! But it is SO worth it all!!

TGIF--Have a great weekend, and check back on Sunday for the good news from that appointment!

11 comments:

Shannon Delcambre said...

yea, yea, yea! Those are GREAT numbers. We will be praying for more growth and strong lining. Cant wait to hear on Sunday!

Big Guy Bigger Opinions said...

love you babe!

Marie W said...

Awesome! Praying hard for you Alyson!

Ronni said...

Sounds like a GREAT appointment. Can't wait to hear more good news :)

Suz said...

Yah for good news!!! I am praying for you! This is wonderful!

Candie said...

prayers alyson! love you!

Aubrey and Jen said...

Praise God for doctors & modern medicine! What a neat process...I am learning a lot!:-) Can't wait to hear the good news! I am so happy for you guys!!!

Unknown said...

Praying for y'all constantly!

Anonymous said...

YAY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

That is great news!!! Hang in there! remember get numbing cream from your doc as use ice for your progesterone shots. You won't even feel them- trust me!! I was worried sick about them but they turned out to not be bad at all. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Call me if you need anything!

Taryn said...

Exciting!!!!! I'm so glad I checked in on you! I will be praying, praying, praying! This all looks good so far. When we tried to do IVF, I only produced 3 eggs. So, things are looking great for you!

I know it's scary, but God knows EXACTLY where you are and all of your thoughts, feelings, and emotions. Hang in there!