September 24, 2009

Success!!!

I just got home after our retrieval and it went so well!! The doctor was able to retrieve 31 eggs!!! WOW! He told Justin, before I had really come to, that he thought about 10 of those were not mature, so we still have at least 20ish possible eggs! They said we will be getting a call before one tomorrow to let us know how many have fertilized, so we're excited!!

I'm a little sore, so I'm planning on just laying low today. But I'm looking forward to a small little birthday celebration with Justin and my parents tonight. Thanks for your prayers!!!

We begin our progesterone shots on Sunday (the long needles), but after some great suggestions from some of you, as well as a pep talk with tips from the nurse, I'm ready for them!! Hey--anything that will help sustain a pregnancy is fine by me!!

PS...I was going to post a picture of me after the retrieval, but after getting up at 5:45am not putting any makeup on, I decided that I didn't really want post that lovely picture. Ick. =)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yaaaay!!! That is GREAT news!!!

Audra said...

Wow! 30 eggs, that's great! I just got home and checked on you as soon as I could. I wish I could bring you dinner and a big yummy dessert. Rest well!

Stephanie said...

I'm hoping in praying and I can't wait to hear about the results..

Hugs,

Stephanie

Jodi said...

Been thinking and praying for you all day today! Thank you for posting! Happy Birthday! So glad you had a great birthday present today! :)

Lianna Knight said...

YEAH!!!!! That is so awesome!!!! Take it easy and get some rest...you'll be sore for a few days :)

Cristina said...

Happy Birthday to you! I am so glad that they were able to retrieve so many! We are so very happy for you both. Try to rest and take it easy. Talk to you soon....

Candie said...

OMg! 30 just seems unreal! I can't imagine! I can't wait to hear all that happens in the next 2 weeks...heck, in the next 9 months! I'm praying for you daily Alyson. Lots of love.