September 29, 2009

Transfer Day!!!

We made it to embryo transfer day, and it all went SO well!!! We were so excited about today, as you'll see in these pictures, and are so thankful that we have had this opportunity!!


Here is Justin waiting for everything to get going...

And me...just a bit excited!
Then it was time for Justin to get dressed... the shoe covers just about didn't fit!! He is 6'7", so most things that are made for 'average' sized men don't usually fit him!


What a cutie!!

The embryologist came to talk to us about our embryos and the procedure, and she gave us the picture of the two they were going to transfer. She said they looked really good. She pointed out that they, especially the one on the right, were starting to be egg shaped, and that shows that they are getting ready to hatch out of the egg. Before this process, I had no idea that our human eggs have to "hatch", but they do! The cells have to hatch out of the outer shell so they can implant into the uterine lining. So ours on right on track!! (Don't quote me on all the medical facts as a I state them...I'm not in the medical field, so this is my understanding based on what they tell me and the research I've done!)


Here they are!!! They both have the same rating, ExBL(BCC). This stands for Expanded blastocyst, and the letters are the rating of the three different parts: the inner ball of cells (becomes the baby), outer cells (becomes the placenta), and the cavity space between them. The scale runs from A being the best to F being the worst. She said these were very good embryos. We have a few more they are still watching tonight and tomorrow, and they will let us know if we have any that are high enough quality to freeze tomorrow. To freeze, they have to be an Expanded Blastocyst CCC or higher. So we'll see!



We were super excited, and had to take (we are praying and hoping!!!) our first family picture!!!

We so appreciate everyone's prayers as we travel this journey. I can't tell you how many wonderful emails, texts, comments, and words of encouragement we've gotten, and we are so thankful! We are believing that this will be our time to get pregnant and become parents. Thank you for believing with us! We have to wait 10 more days...October 9th is our pregnancy test, and between now and then, I'm planning on laying low, thinking pregnant thoughts =), and trusting God for our future!!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I will think pregnant thoughts with you! I am so glad it all went well! Maybe God will bless you twice!!! If so I have a ton of books for multiples I have been trying ot put to good use! Can't wait til the Oct 9th!!!

Jodi said...

Thank you for posting! I love the family photo! Praying with y'all!

Natali said...

I am so excited for you, and will think pregnant thoughts (for YOU ;-)) as well! Can't wait to see a positive test result on the 9th!!!

Marie W said...

Stick Babies Stick! Sending good vibes your way!

erickson family said...

I think you guys would both look alright with blue hair. I am so excited for you guys! :)

Riley Kai said...

Praying, praying, praying that you are blessed with not only a wonderful pregnancy, but healthy babies!!!

Kendra Massey said...

i have been following ur blog for awhile and i am in awe of you and your wonderful family. i am praying that you guys are truly blessed w/the babies you desire.

God bless you both!

Cristina said...

Yea! I am so excited for today and the 9th. Take it easy and try to relax.... I wish I was there to bring you something to eat, but I am sure that you are in great hands!

Kristen said...

Sticky baby dust to you sweet friend! I love you and am praying for you!

Robyn Kitchings said...

I will be praying Alyson! I hope this is it! Good luck! :)

Taryn said...

Absolutely thrilling! I am soooo excited for you! I will be praying! Your post reminds me so much of our post from August 27,2007. Check it out if you have time. So similar! I will anxiously be awaiting the results. God is with you no matter the outcome. Always. He knows exactly what you need, when you need it. I also wanted to ask you if you are friends with Ginny Cherry? I saw your name on her invite. Let me know.

Suz said...

I am thinking twins!!! :) I can't wait to hear the results on Oct 9th!!

Aaron said...

Finally saw this post...I can't wait to meet them!