July 31, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Sweet Boy!

It is unbelievable to us that it has been two whole years since our precious boy started his life in Heaven...

I woke up last night at 2:55, and I just laid there thinking about what was happening the same time two years ago...he was stillborn at 2:30, and we had about an hour with him, to kiss his sweet face, bathe him in our tears, and soak in every detail of him. Our moms got to meet him, hold him, pray over him. Our two wonderful friends and pastors from church came all the way out in the middle of the night and got to be a part of the brief time we had on earth with him. Such absolutely precious memories to me, and some of the hardest moments of our lives...

But now, two years later, as we celebrate the two years of his memory and his too-short little life, there are definitely some tears over what we missed out on with him, but there is also joy and thankfulness in my heart. He forever changed me. It was this little sweet boy that made Justin a daddy and me a mommy...even though I never got to hear him cry, change his diaper, rock him to sleep, kiss a boo-boo, and do all the other things a mommy is supposed to do, he is and will always be my son. I daily think of him, tell him that I love him, refer to him in conversation, and now, as I'm pregnant with his brothers, thank him for the sacrifice that his little life was that is making it possible for me to get to do all those things for his little brothers. In the year and a half or so after we lost him, I would tell him that since he was up in heaven, it was his job to pick out his brothers or sisters for us...and I think that he has done a wonderful job!!


Happy 2nd birthday my precious Jonathan Paul...I love you more than I know how to express. I miss you so very much, and I can't believe that it has already been 2 whole years since I was able to kiss your sweet little face. You are in my heart and thoughts every day, and I can't wait for the day in Heaven that I will finally get hold you forever...Happy birthday, my sweet boy! We love you!

6 comments:

Joy said...

Oh, Alyson, I'm crying. What a sweet tribute to Jonathan. We loved him too, and sometimes it barely seems real that you (our family) have had to go through this. I love how you said that his life was a sacrifice in order for the doctors to discover one more issue that had to be fixed in order to enable you to carry Jack and Will safely. We pray every day for you guys...Ryley always prays at night:"Please help Aly and Justin's babies to be healthy!" :-) God is redeeming Jonathan's life and death, and we can hardly wait to meet our sweet nephews/cousins!!!

Happy birthday, Jonathan!!!!! Welcome, Will and Jack! :-) We love you all so much!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan. Thinking of you in California :)
Love, Bess

Riley Kai said...

Praying for you today!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Jonathon! What a sweet tribute to your beautiful son! You and Justin are incredible parents and an inspiration to me.
Love y'all!

Amy said...

I was thinking about you yesterday and praying for you. I can't tell you how much this makes me appreciate my own babies. Your sweet angel is a reminder to all of us to treasure our children every day. His brothers will be so proud of him and they will make sure his memory lives on for generations to come.

Marie W said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy. You are missed by everyone. Hugs to you and Justin.