July 15, 2010

22 weeks!!

(I'm not sure what in the world is wrong with my formatting today...please ignore the fact that this post is all underlined! It isn't supposed to be centered, all in bold, or blue, but I'm just too tired to try to figure out what is going on and fix it!)


How far along?

I am 22 weeks today!!


How big are the babies?

According to Babycenter.com, they are "11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment."

I think our boys might be just a little bigger, at least weight-wise, than this says, just because of where they were a week ago at our ultrasound.


Total weight gain/loss?

15 pounds so far!


Belly measurement?

42 inches!!


Stretch marks?

Still no stretch marks....yes!


Sleep?

Okay...still surrounded by pillows galore. I'm definitely noticing that if I don't have a pillow under my belly and one beneath my knees, I'm really uncomfortable!!


Best moment this week?

My parents came home last week, and they were both able to feel the boys kick. It was so exciting to see them excited!


Movement?

They are definitely moving a whole bunch more, and I'm feeling kicks, and I think hiccups too, fairly often! There are many times a day when one or both of them push out really hard with their head or maybe their back, and it is great to feel their little bodies! So amazing!!!


Food cravings?

None really this week...still wanting to eat hummus and pita bread though!


Labor signs?

None...praise Jesus!


Belly button--in or out?

It's getting closer and closer to being flat!! Any day now!!!


What am I looking forward to?

24 week milestone--coming up in 14 days! Weeks 22 and 23 with Jonathan were not the best weeks, so I will be so glad to get past them to 24!


~~~


Here are a couple of pictures of the belly today!!


This first one cracks me up...the belly is definitely off center a little bit!

Here's the belly...growing, growing, growing!!



6 comments:

Robyn Kitchings said...

I love reading your blog! I am so happy that things are going well! Miss you! :)

Cristina said...

I kept checking for this post all day.... so good to see the updates. =)

Cristina said...

I kept checking for this post all day.... so good to see the updates. =)

Anonymous said...

So very, very happy for you!
Please take care of yourself..Rest..do not do to much!!
I don't think anyone would blame you if you sat on the couch the next 14 days to make it to week 24!
Praying for you and those precious babies!!

Lianna Knight said...

Look at that belly!!! Grow babies grow :)

Amy said...

I love that you are feeling hiccups! Aren't they the best? Still praying for y'all everyday and if you and Justin need some practice with poopy diapers, Lucy is your girl!