March 21, 2010

Picture update!

I just realized that there are some pictures I haven't posted that I've taken with my phone over the last few weeks.

First off, my sweet parents got us roses when we got the great news that we were pregnant. Aren't they beautiful?! I'm still enjoying them!!


Justin and I had a great time on Thursday afternoon getting Jonathan's grave so cute and bright for Easter. My mom and I usually do the flowers (mostly my mom!), but since she is still out in California, Justin and I took up the challenge. I just LOVE gerber daisies, so when I saw these at Michaels last month, I just had to get them!!On Friday night, Justin went out to watch some of the March Madness games with some friends from work, so my sweet Daddy took me out for a date!! I had to at least snap one picture...sorry about the squinty eyes--it was a little bit bright!!

We went to eat dinner together, and then on to the Dallas Symphony!! I haven't been to the symphony in years, and it was so much fun! We heard Bach, Handel, and Mozart. Thanks, Papa, for a really special night! Love you!


Had to include just one picture of Betsy--this is how she enjoyed most of the weekend! I think she is pretty lazy, but SUPER cute!! I think she's going to miss her bedrest buddy when I go back to work next week!

We went to bed yesterday with a few snowflakes coming down, with a forecast of 1/2-1", and we woke up to 6+ inches!!! What a pretty sight to wake up to, but strange too after having a week of beautiful 65-75 degree temps and lots of sunshine! We enjoyed just staying in bed for awhile, and Betsy had fun chasing (and losing) her ball in the deep snow! Then Justin decided he wanted to make a snowman. So he went outside, and about a half hour later, I went out to see how it was going...

I took some pictures (that turned out a lot darker than it really was) of the yard with the 8th or 9th snow of the season--unheard of here!


And when I came out again , my creative, artistic, detail-oriented husband was hard at work building the Capitol in our front yard!! Not sure why he decided to do this...I guess it is just on the mind with everything going on in DC today, but it turned out really cool!



It is huge...7 feet long and about 4 1/2 feet high!! He used up most of the snow in our front yard, and even some from the back, and even carved in windows!! My husband continues to amaze me!! Our forecast tomorrow is 64, and 73 on Tuesday, so I don't think the Capitol will stick around for long!
All in all, we've had a great weekend, and I've really enjoyed the last 3 weeks of getting to relax and let my little baby get a strong start on life! I'm feeling really good, hardly any queasiness, a few other good pregnancy symptoms, and best of all, NO spotting at all! What a miracle! I'm back to work tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to seeing all of my friends and all of the great kiddos! Thanks for continuing to pray for us and our tiny baby (babies?), and also keeping my grandma in your prayers too!

10 comments:

Amber Ross said...

That "work of snow" is amazing! Justin is very talented. I am glad you are feeling great and everything is going smoothly. We are looking forward to having you back at work. The kids have really missed you!

amy (metz) walker said...

Um, wow, that's a seriously impression snow-Capitol!

I'm so happy for you, Aly. I just keep thinking about sweet Jonathan and how he truly was your angel. If you are pregnant with twins (plus), it's because of him that you'll be able to safely carry then until you hold them in your arms. Look how much good his short life has done, although the sacrifice on you and Justin's part has been huge. You're strength and faithfulness have been an amazing testimony to so many and I'm praying you have SUCH a peace about this pregnancy!

amy (metz) walker said...

What's with all my spelling/grammar errors tonight? ha!

Candie said...

Enjoy that capitol! THis time next year he'll be building snowmen to impress the new little one!

Audra said...

What a show off! The snow capital is amazing! You guys just crack me up. Praise God for the good report on you and the sweet baby(babies). Hope you have a great week back at work.

Gene Steiner said...

Beautiful flowers. Awesome Snow Sculpture. Glad you all enjoyed the symphony, too. We are thrilled about your pregnancy! We're praising God that He is redeeming you in every way. God is faithful!

Ronni said...

I am so impressed by Justin's capital! Seriously, that is awesome!

Lindsay said...

OMG- that snow capitol is crazy amazing! He's got some great talent!

I'm so glad you're feeling great! Enjoy being back at work, and I can't wait to hear more updates!

Heather Davis said...

Love the Capitol building, Justin! We have such talented husbands! I am soooooo excited for you guys and can't wait to meet your little one(s).

Aaron said...

My mind is blown