March 26, 2010

Phew!!!

That is the sound of me exhaling while I lay here on my couch with my feet up after a long week! I'm sad to admit that this is the postition I've arrived at right about 4:30 every day after school this week!

What a great week back to work, seeing all my co-worker friends, the kiddos, and getting back into the rhythm of life, but boy am I exhausted!! I'd forgotten how wiped out you feel in the first trimester of pregnancy! Add that to the fact that my sweet husband has been doing everything for me around the house (dishes, laundry, carrying things), keeping me from having to use much energy before this week. I get why I'm tired! But, the frustrating thing has been that when I get in bed to get that rest, my mind wakes up and it takes me a while to fall asleep! So frustrating!! =)

I was 6 weeks yesterday, and we are only 6 days away from the sonogram to see the heart (hearts?) fluttering, and I'm SO EXCITED!!! I just love being pregnant! Even with the sporadic days of icky feelings, every day is a miracle and I am so very thankful!!!

Yesterday I got my first baby gift!! Our first pack of diapers!! At Bunco last night, my sweet friend Salina brought a cake and diaper presents to each of the four girls in our group that are pregnant! There are so many people she had been praying for, and four of us are pregnant!! What answers to prayers, and so much fun to be one of the four!

Thank you again to all those who have contributed to Justin's March of Dimes, March for Babies walk next month! We so appreciate your generosity!!

Hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing weekend! I'm really looking forward to some pretty spring days here in Texas!

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Hey there friend! I'm the first one to post - that never happens. =) Glad to hear you are enjoying being back at work and that you are feeling pregnant. What a blessing!

Talk to you soon....

Audra said...

That was so sweet of your friend to bring gifts for all her pregnant friends! You're one of them!!!!! I'm so happy for you, you've earned the right to be tired! Love you.

Lianna Knight said...

You sound like you are doing GREAT!! I'm so so happy for you :)

Now, I think I need to get in your bunco group :)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it through the week! I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE been as tired as I was during the first trimester! I remember reading somewhere that you are exerting as much energy as a mountain climber climbing to the top of the mountain...with every breath you take. It's hard work building major organs and bones! I am so happy for you! I check your blog every day...I don't know what I am thinking but I want updates of your every breath and action! Silly, huh?! You are on my mind and in my prayers incessantly. I love you sooo much! Have a wonderful week!