December 9, 2008

Quick update...

Just wanted to give you all a quick update....

My appointment on Monday showed some good growth of follicles, and I was told to do two more days of shots. I go again tomorrow, and hopefully the follicles will be the right size to trigger ovulation! I'll let you know tomorrow after the appointment!

I do want to share how much I see God's hand in this cycle...doing these shots is expensive, and our insurance doesn't cover any of the medication. I'm thankful that we have not had to do IVF, which is much more than this, but to us $1000-1200 is a lot of money! Especially at the moment, since my husband works in the mortgage/banking industry! When I ordered my medication for my last cycle (that resulted in Jonathan), it was my third time ordering medication. The pharmacy I ordered from gave you FREE medication on your third order, so I got two boxes of free shots! I didn't end up using them, so I had them to use on this cycle! I was praying that they would be enough to get us through this cycle, but the nurse on Monday said I would need more. So as I was asking her how much more I needed to order, she asked if my insurance covered anything. When I said no, she left the room and came back with a box of medication--just enough to get me through this cycle (and about $400 worth of medication)! She said someone had donated them, and with the bad economy and the Christmas season, she knew money could be tight and wanted me to take it! WOW!!! So God amazingly provided this cycle---we only had to pay $40 to buy the shot that triggers ovulation!

And I was worried that we wouldn't be able to afford this---God is so good and He provides!

14 comments:

Tena said...

Sending prayers. God is amazing!

Danielle said...

Our GOD is good. I'm praying for you as you begin this cycle and journey. May God continue to be with you. I still want to meet up after the holidays...OK?

Cristina said...

That is so awesome! I am so happy for you that things are working out so well. Thanks for the updates. Keep us posted!

Ronni said...

That's awesome Alyson!!! Sending lots of prayers your way :)

Janet said...

How wonderful and what a blessing! God certainly works in wonderful ways. Keeping the prayers going and wishing you well!

Lianna Knight said...

So VERY wonderful!!! I am praying for you daily!!

Can you email me and let me know what type of medication you are taking? I wonder if this is something that we should try before we do IVF again. I want to do a little research:)

Liannap@aol.com

The Writer Chic said...

Alyson, that is FANTASTIC! I am praying God's blessing on you this cycle!

Twice as Nice said...

I have visited your blog several times. First of all I would like to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. He was so beautiful and I was praying for you and your husband at that time. Your both very strong people and have a great out look about life and that is something to be admired.
When I read your blog this morning about the shots and how expensive it brought me back to a time in my life that I too was taking them. I now have a 13 year old son (no the shots didn't help me) We finally got pregnant after 8 1/2 years and what JOY he has brought into our lives. I will pray for you and I hope that when I come visit your blog it will be about the journey of the new life you will bring into the world. God Bless.

Twice as Nice said...

P.S. When I said I didn't get pregnant with the shots I hope you don't get discouraged. I needed to take some pills because my body was lacking something and that is how I finally got pregnant.

Brian and Dara said...

That is awesome Als! Brianna and I are praying for you each day...she still feels the loss of Jonanthan pretty strongly. I am so thankful that Jonathan has brought her closer to the Lord!

Riley Kai said...

Wow...just catching up with a few of your post and so happy to see you are continuing your journey to parenthood! I will continue to pray for your healing heart, but I will certainly add this to my prayers! You will find, in the end, His timing is way more perfect than our own:) Praying you get an extra special Christmas gift this year:)

Aubrey and Jen said...

Wow!!! What a testimony of God's faithfulness! I got chills just reading it!:-) I am so happy for you guys...keep us updated!

~jen

Candie said...

Alyson!!! Call me!! I have extras!!! I'm praying praying praying. I can't wait to read how everything unfolds. We're going back in the am to get back on the clomid. I'm not ovulating so that's the least we can do for me until summer. Let me know if you need/want my extras. They're yours if you need them!

amy (metz) walker said...

You know I'm praying for you!!! I can't wait, Aly...