December 18, 2008

The Letter R

I'm borrowing this idea from a friend, Suzette, who I think borrowed it from another friend! Fun!

Instead of my normal Thankful Thursday, this week, I'm going to list 3 things that I love (and am thankful for too!) starting with the letter R.

So here goes...

1. Ryley--our neice. She is such a special and fun little girl, but lives far away in Colorado! I'm so glad her mom Joy (Justin's sister) keeps us up to date with pictures and blogs about her! In November, they went to Disneyworld, and let me tell you, my little neice was in heaven!! One night on their trip, after a long day if fun, Ryley had her head on her daddy's shoulder, and she said, "Daddy, dreams really do come true!" How cute is she?!!!Ryley's absolute favorite princess, Ariel. How cute is she? I can't believe that she is already 5 1/2!! I love you Ryley!!

2) Reading---I absolutely love to read! Right now, I'm in between books, which drives me nuts. But I'm making myself wait one more day for Christmas vacation. I just finished Nicholas Spark's new one, The Lucky One. Very good! My favorite reads are historical fiction, especially from Christian authors. My favorite is Francine Rivers, but I also like to read Angela Hunt, Terri Blackstock, Gilbert Morris, and many others.

3) Ross--I love to poke around at Ross! There is one just about a mile from my house, and it just happens to be on my way home from work, so I stop by every so often to see if there are any new bargains! Right now, though, it is pretty picked over for Christmas, so hopefully, 2009 will bring more deals! (And I'm hoping good deals on maternity clothes!)


No news yet on the baby front--we have to be patient for 11 more days, but who's counting?!

I'm so excited that after work tomorrow is Christmas break! I have all sorts of projects I need to get done around my house already listed in my head! Plus, Justin's 28th birthday is this Sunday, followed by Christmas, and our 6th anniversary on the 27th! So it should be a fun few weeks off work!


PS--so many of you have left sweet comments for my last few blogs. I appreciate them so much, and have been wanting to get back to you and leave you a comment, but have been pretty sick this week. Just wanted you to know that you are on my to do list--watch for a comment soon! =)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love Nicholas Sparks and have read most all his books but not that one. I'll have to get it. I'm needing a new good book. I hope you get to feeling better and enjoy your break. I'm praying for good results at the end of the month. We will need something to celebrate when we get together...HA!! Looking forward to it..Take care!

Jodi said...

We will be united with Jorja on Dec 29th! Praying that y'all will hear wonderful news on Dec 29th also!!!

Joy said...

Dear Aly and Justin and Betsy,

Here's why I like Ariel. Because she's a mermaid, and I like mermaids because I like swimming and they can breathe under water. And I wish we could come so I could play with Betsy. I love the scarf; thank you for making it for me!

Love,
ryley

(as dictated to Mom)