February 24, 2010

Winter Olympics!

There are only 3 days left of the 2010 winter olympics!!! =( I haven't mentioned anything about the olympics on here yet, but just let me tell you...our evenings have been full of watching the NBC Olympic coverage! After a sad first day of the games (the death of a luger), the games have been amazing!

I love.Love.LOVE Olympics!!! Especially the winter Olympics! I sing the theme song and even have the NBC Olympic app on my phone!! Ever since I was a little girl, I loved watching many of the events...especially the figure skating! I remember watching Kristi Yamaguchi, Nancy Kerrigan, Grinkov and Gordeeva, Michelle Kwan, and so many more. I wanted to ice skate like them (but was quickly reminded after a trip to the ice rink that I did NOT have the talent)! Justin is quite the sport and has humored me for the last few weeks--he's not the biggest winter games fan (he likes the summer games), but is watching them faithfully with me!
This year I've enjoyed cheering on Apollo Ono, Lindsey Vonn, Julia Mancuso, and am looking forward to my ice skaters tomorrow night!! It freaks me out watching the aerial skiers and the alpine skiers. Those slalom courses, super G, etc are SO steep!! I cannot even imagine doing that!
And the medal count??!! As of Wednesday night...28 medals!! WOW!!
Too bad the bedrest I'm about to be on (after our FET next week) didn't come earlier! I could have watched the Olympics all day long! =)
Do you like watching the Olympics? What is your favorite event?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them too but have not gotten to watch as often as I would like! I LOVE figure skating as well. I have no coordination so I was lucky to stand on them... I was also banned from them after my 6th injury as a child! It is sad to see they are almost over. Hope you enjoy the last few days of them! Take care!!!!
Love,
Brenda

Jodi said...

watching them right now - I had to go to bed last night - so I taped them! As I do every day!
I love the inspiration the Olympics gives to people!

I love speed skating! The kids just laugh at me!!! I can't get enough of Apolo!!! :)

Kathy said...

I love the Olympics. I think my favorite this year has been the ice dancing. I loved the performance of Davis-White to Phantom. Also the performance of the Canadians was fantastic. Go USA!!!!

Jennifer Hanson @ Wuthering Iris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Hanson @ Wuthering Iris said...

I love the Olympics too! But wasn't last night super frustrating?