August 25, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request!

We are asking for prayer for a couple in our church... We don't know them since they are in another lifegroup, but they just found out yesterday that their baby (she is 8 months along) had died inside her womb. They are scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning.

It just breaks my heart to hear about another family going through this, and frankly, it makes me angry as well. I don't want anyone else to know what it feels like to lose a baby to stillbirth, and I just don't get why this is happening. I know that God can give peace and will carry them through this, but I know all too well the agony they are going through right now and will continue to experience. God is a God of miracles, and I believe that He can heal their little girl if He chooses. If that is not the plan though, I'm going to pray for strength for them.

Will you join me in praying for this couple? I know how much I felt and feel supported by all the prayers we have received, and I just want to spread the word and get as many people praying for them as possible. Their names are Andy and Elizabeth, and their baby is a girl (I don't know her name). I'll do my best to get more details...

Thank you!

8 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for this family...

Unknown said...

Praying for this family and for y'all too!
Love ya,
Jodi Sue :)

Ronni said...

It breaks my heart to hear this. I will be praying for them and for you too!

Riley Kai said...

I don't know why these things happen, none of us do. However, I can tell you that as I go through my own grief, I often think of you and I draw strength.I know thatmy mom has already taken her turn rocking Jonathan. Praying for your friends, and always...still praying for you!

Tena said...

Count me in - sending prayers for them and continuing prayers for you!

TN Bakers said...

Aly, I really cannot believe this, how similar things have happened to us. Just a week after we buried Andrew, another couple in OUR church lost a baby at 9 months, same thing, the baby died inside her womb. We have become friends through our similar tragedies, and God knew we needed each other. There is a reason why God has placed you in the same church even though you don't know them. If you can get me their address, I'll send a "mommy please don't cry" book asap.

Robyn Kitchings said...

I will pray for them and their baby girl! And as usual you will be in my prayers too!
Love you!
Robyn

Joy said...

Have you heard any more? This breaks my heart.