August 1, 2008

Funeral Information

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. I know for sure that Justin and I wouldn't be getting through this without you all.

We just wanted to let you know details about the funeral/graveside service. You are more than welcome to come and join us, but please don't feel obligated. We are feeling the support you are giving us just by reading our blog and lifting us up.

The service will be at 10:30 am tomorrow (Saturday, August 2nd) in Frisco, Texas. It will be a graveside service at Ridgeview West Memorial Park. I've included at map, but for those of you who know the area, it is just west of Preston off of El Dorado. You turn north at Rodgers, and follow the road around behind St. Francis Church and in front of a Bible church. It turns into a dirt road, and up ahead to your right you will see the cemetery. It really doesn't have a cemetery sign, but once you get closer, you will see the funeral home sign (Turrentine Jackson Morrow). The amazing funeral home donates plots in "Babyland" for families going through what we are facing. What a blessing. There should be tent up to let you know right where we'll be. Please feel free to join us in celebrating Jonathan's much too short life. The dress will be casual.

We have also had a lot of questions about gifts, flowers, money, and what we need. We are so thankful for each and every one of you and really don't need anything except your love and support. However, if you are interested, Justin and I have decided that should you want to give a monetary gift, we would like to find a way to help other families that are facing this situation. In the hospital after he was born, Jonathan was given clothing and a blanket from a group of volunteers called Threads of Love. A NICU nurse also ministers to families by making hand and footprint molds for a keepsake for the family. These simple things, as well as the amazing nurses and doctors at the hospital were such and unexpected comfort to us at the hardest time of our lives. So we are planning, when we're ready, to find a special group like these to contribute any money we get to, to help comfort other people.

If you want to contribute, you can send us a check with "Jonathan Paul Memorial Fund" on the memo line. (2905 Opal Court McKinney, TX 75071) We have the account number, as well, if you're more comfortable, that we could email to you (our email is justinandalyson@gmail.com). One more way, Justin set up a paypal account for those of you who are tech savvy.

If you know how to use this, click here.


Again, please don't feel at all that you have to do this--we just wanted to figure out something for those who have asked us.

Thank you again for your love, and I look forward to talking with those of you who have been calling and leaving me messages soon. Even in this, something I completely don't understand, God is still good. I am praying that our loss of Jonathan doesn't keep you from loving and trusting in God. Only He can help us make sense of life--the good and the bad. Don't turn from Him--run to Him.

I love you all so much~ Alyson

20 comments:

Baby Meng said...

We will be there to support you both. Our hearts go out to you and we are sorry it has to be this way.

Holly Rogers said...

Allyson -
I am so sorry for your loss and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! I am here for you!!

Tina Miller said...

Justin and Allyson,
There are no words for how sorry we are for your loss. We love you and our prayers are with you right now. You are both such amazing people. What lights for God you are!

Robyn Kitchings said...

Alyson & Justin,
Words cannot express the saddness that I feel for you and your sweet baby. I hope that you can soon find peace. Please know that I am praying for you.
God Bless you both,
Robyn

Joy said...

Oh, Aly. That last part was so beautiful! We love you guys so much, and I can't wait to give you a hug!!!!! You have both been so strong and such a testimony in the middle of the unimaginable... in the darkest hour of your lives. I'll see you in the morning...

Andrea Bernard said...

We have no words that can express our grief for you, and yet we are forever grateful to know that the Lord has and will carry you through. You will "not grieve as do the rest who have no hope," (1 Thess. 4:13), but instead will experience each step of grief with the hope of the Lord.

We love you, we're crying with you, and we can't wait to meet this very special boy one day in Heaven!

Sending our heartfelt prayers as groans only the Holy Spirit understands,

The Bernards

From Lamentations 3:
22"The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. 23They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 24"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him." 25The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.... 31For the Lord will not reject forever, 32For if He causes grief, then He will have compassion according to His abundant lovingkindness."

Diane said...

Oh Alyson, my dear sister, my hopes and dreams for the woman you would become have been far exceeded! I have known the depth of your faith and the beauty of who you are since you were 2 years old. But to see it in the midst of this is definitely a cause to praise the Lord. He will sustain you. You are so amazing and I feel blessed today more than ever to be a part of your life! As you thank everyone for their prayers of support, I want to thank you for your strength and grace because that is a MAJOR part of how we are all coping. I love you!

Kara said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that I am praying for you and your family strength and comfort. Most of all that the Lord will wrap His loving arms around you both through this trial. One day in the future this trail will be used as a testimony for His glory!
In Christ,
Kara Shriver-Decatur, Texas
I Cor. 13

The "W" Family said...

Hi Justin and Allyson,
I found your blog through another that was praying for your family. I just wanted to let you know how sorry that I am. We lost a baby boy in May at 20 weeks and though our stories are different, I can relate to what you're going through. If you ever want to "talk" my email is cwilson34@sbcglobal.net. I am praying for your family.

amy (metz) walker said...

Aly (& Justin) -

I am so sorry I am not going to be able to be there at Jonathan's funeral, but I know you both know how much I wish I could be there to support you. Both of you are SUCH strong people and the fact that you, Aly, are able to write a post - so soon after your loss - encouraging others to run toward the Lord...well, it is just one of many examples that shows what an incredible woman you are. I love you and cherish you more than you will ever, ever know and I consider it a privilege to be your friend!

AW

Kelly said...

I don't know you but your faith and kindness in the midst of horrible grief is such a testimony. How thoughtful to want to give to others. I think trials make us so much more sensitive and sympathetic towards others. I pray God uses you in a powerful way in the future to reach other people who are going through a similar situation.
Praying for your comfort and peace and for God to bless your family.

Steve and Katie Pittler said...

Allyson,

I've never met you, but have heard so much about you through Kristen and Aaron. I just wanted to share with you that your strength is an inspiration to women and mothers everywhere. You are a remarkable human being and I am truly touched by your story. May you find peace and comfort through these difficult times. My deepest sympathy - Katie Pittler

Riley Kai said...

Still praying that He gives you peace. Your words are so simple, yet powerful and will send people running to him! Jonathans purpose is far greater than you may have ever imagined!

Kristen said...

I am so proud of your strength and faith during this time. I cannot imagine the pain you are going through, but I know God knows exactly what it feels like to lose a son and that He is and will be holding you and Justin in His arms. I wish I could be there for you tomorrow, but know that you will be in Mike's and mine's thoughts and prayers.

Sherry said...

Mona called early yesterday morning to give me the sad news. I echo the expressions of those who have commented here and on your other posts. You are already experienced in loss, probably not to this extent, so it will push even harder on your heart. The only encouragement I would add is: Don't rush your grief. Allow yourselves to feel, even embrace, the pain. When you give it room to run its course and acknowledge it for what it is, you will come out on the other side healthier and ready to help others through similar situations. Your words are such a blessing. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow. Love to the grandparents, who also feel this loss deeply.

cheryl upvall said...

Alyson,
I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending love and positive thoughts your way. Take the freedom to grieve in whatever ways you need.

With love,
Cheryl

Candie said...

Your profession of faith at a time like this is such a blessing to God. I'm confident that because of this, many will come to know Christ or will be strengthed in their own walk. I know the pain of your loss is not less because of this, that is why you are all in the very palm of His hand right now. I'm praying for you both.

Andrea Bernard said...

I tried so hard to find a way to make it to the service tomorrow morning, but the airline schedules won't let me arrive in time - I want so dearly to just be there for you, to hold you and listen to you, cry with you and carry your burdens for you. Please know I will be thanking God for the life He gave Jonathan with you, and that many, many people are praying for you all across the country as you take these steps.

Dear Lord, I pray that when Justin and Aly's feet feel so heavy that they cannot continue, You will carry them. I pray that when the deceiver brings thoughts that are not Yours, You will protect them. I pray that when all hope seems dim, You will shine brighter than the sun. And Father, I pray that Your grace will be so tangibly upon them that all will see more of You. We believe You are a good and gracious God; Lord, let it be! Because of Your Son Jesus, Amen.

I was also reminded of a Casting Crowns song tonight - it so clearly picturs the way our Lord has been strong in you both:

"I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining.
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.

I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm"

We love you both so dearly, and pray that your faith continues to be strengthened moment by moment,

Andrea for the Bernards

Ronni said...

Im so sorry I cannot be there this morning - I want to be there for you so bad. I will be praying with you from a distance. Lance will be there.

I just want you both to know how amazing you are, how much I care about you and although I don't have any idea what to say, I will always be here to listen. God Bless!
~Ronni

Jodie McCloud said...

Alyson and Justin,

I can't tell you how deeply I feel the pain of your loss in my heart and soul! My prayer right now is that God gives you peace as only He can comfort you. I am so sad for you both...thank you for your words to run to God...you are both amazing. We won't forget!!! Love to you both!!!