April 26, 2011

On the mind...

My sweet boys are down for a long morning nap (already an hour!) so I'm getting things done around the house!  After many days of inconsistent napping lengths, I feel like we're finally beginning to establish a pattern of a morning nap, and afternoon nap, sometimes an evening nap, and only rarely little catnaps in between!  I've changed the boys from 5 bottles a day, 3 hours apart to 4 bottles a day, 4 hours apart. It seems to have done the trick! Ahh--it is nice to have blocks of time when things can get done!
~~~
The boys still don't have any teeth popping through yet. They like to smile while rubbing their gums together, and we can see that teeth are definitely getting closer to the surface!  Jack was pretty fussy yesterday, so I'm thinking it is just a matter of time!  Once the teeth do pop through, do you brush them?  The little speck of tooth that you can see?  When does tooth brushing need to start?  Moms?  Any advice??
~~~
I love Craigs.list!!! I went crazy yesterday and listed about 8 separate ads for baby things and a variety of other things around the house! And I have plans to list 5 or 6 more things today!  We have already sold 2 major things, and I have another lady coming this afternoon to buy more! As my neighbor said, Craigs.list is addictive!! =) But it is so nice to clean out some of the stuff around and get a little bit of $$ to use for the next purchases!  I've bought great stuff off the site as well--such deals!  I'm so not in need of things to always be brand new, so this is definitely the way to go for me! Love it!!
~~~
I've been keeping diligent with my Weight Watchers journey, and as of this morning, I've lost 13 pounds!!!  It is so motivating to see that number on the scale going down!  I'm really feeling so much better already, and am looking forward to even more of the clothes in my closet fitting! =)
~~~
I love the Beaba baby cooker.  Thanks to my wonderful twin mommy friend Shannon, I am getting to use hers to make great food for my boys! I whipped up another batch of applesauce this morning, and over the last week have also made butternut squash, asparagus, and sweet potatoes! So fun and easy!
~~~
They boys have their first "date" today with two lovely little ladies!  My friend Amy is bringing over her two little ones this afternoon to play with the boys, and I'm super excited!  Lucy is just a few months older than the boys, and Imma-Jane is 3.  I'm hoping Lucy's crawling/sitting skills will motivate the boys to work on their skills! Pictures to come!
~~~
There is something super exciting coming up for us, but I'm not going to share it just yet!  No...it isn't news of any further children in the Steiner family (yet!)!  A few more details have yet to be worked out, but when they are, I'll fill you in! =)  
~~~
And just because a post wouldn't be complete without at least one picture of the cutest boys around...
Will (AKA Future Pro Surfer)
Jack (AKA Future Beach Bum)
Thanks to our good friends Kay and Sid for bringing back these adorable bibs from California!  Also notice the Football and Basketball duckies!  Encouraging these boys into all the right things! =)  Thanks for the sweet gifts!


Hope you are having a great week so far!

3 comments:

Jason and Megan said...

It is so wonderful to see them do so well. Maris has 2 bottom teeth and both of her top middle teeth are poking through. We got a toothbrush that you put on your finger and brush the teeth. No toothpaste yet.

Ronni said...

Yes, start brushing their teeth/gums now, even if they don't have teeth yet. I'm a fan of the regular kid-size toothbrush with water or anti-flouride toothpaste. You can also use just a wet wash cloth to rub on their gums. Here's why: 1) a clean mouth is a happy mouth, 2) it feels good on those teething gums and 3) the earlier you start, the less likely they are to rebel at age 2.

We started with Laney around 3-4 months old because we were literally having to hold Brady down to brush his teeth. Lance would hold his arms, I would sit on his legs (not with all my weight) and I would brush his teeth. It was awful! The pedi recommended starting Laney early b/c of this and I'm so glad he did - it is no fun feeling like you are torturing your child just to brush his teeth :(

Have fun with your play date tomorrow :)

Joy said...

I think somebody gave us a "teeth care kit" that was for all stages, including gum massage. There were several little brushes and "gummers."I remember it being really soothing for Ryley when she was teething. It's been a few years, you know, but I think it came from Target. :-) Also, for the really bad teething, we used Baby Orajel, which tasted good and offered some relief from the pain!