December 28, 2010

Mom-Mobile and More!

Yesterday Justin and I celebrated our 8th anniversary, and I can't imagine anyone that I would rather spend my life with!  We both agreed that the 10 years we've known each other has just flown by, and we can wait to see what the rest of our lives hold!!  

To celebrate our anniversary, the first as parents, we got a new vehicle...my "Mom-Mobile"!! It is a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country, and is just PERFECT!!!  



Back-up camera!!
The DVD player...super important feature for the future! It even has a screen for each row!!





Set up for the boys...



We had been talking about trading in my Santa Fe for awhile now.  Originally, we thought it would have enough room for the boys for at least the first year.  But...after one trip taking the boys over to my parents house for Thanksgiving, we quickly realized that it was just too small!  We definitely needed more room, plus extra seats so other people could actually ride with us!  So after a lot of research on different types of minivans, we finally decided that this was the best one to give us every single feature we wanted for a price really close to what we were already paying for the Santa Fe! I had been scouring cars.com and found this one not too far from us. 

I ABSOLUTELY love my new car!!  I had to run some errands today, just so I could drive it!! I know that there are a lot of people who turn up their nose at a minivan, but I'm not one of them!  To me, this is the final thing that makes me a mom!  I've been waiting for a long time to drive a mom-mobile!!  Thank you Justin for the best anniversary present yet! =) And thanks Mom and Dad for staying with the boys for 4 hours while we got the car! We appreciate it!


And I can't have a post without some adorable pics of the boys!  They are growing SO much!  Yesterday I think Jack gave me his first real smiles!  It was while I'm feeding him, so I'm still waiting for some just in response to me talking alone, but it was so wonderful! And Will is starting to do it a little bit today!  Be still my heart!!  I haven't caught any pictures of them yet, but will post them when they come more frequently!

They were having fun on the floor today in the jammies that Mammaw and Pappaw got them, so, of course, I just had to take lots of pictures!  Enjoy! (Will in blue, Jack in green)

















Looking/Listening to the toy that Joy, Ryan and Ryley got them!









And Will found his thumb again today and sucked for about 15 minutes!!  Too bad he still can't figure out what to do with his other fingers!!


5 comments:

Tena said...

LOVE the mom-mobile! And, of course your parents were happy to be with the boys while you were getting the car! Can't imagine many grandparents that would be 'too busy!!' haha

Brian and Dara said...

So excited for your new van!!! I can't wait to get ours in a month or two :) Its beautiful and having the extra room will make your life so much easier! Love ya!

Jodi said...

Congratulations on your mommy- mobile! I was so excited when I got my van too! And kinda sad when it died - but we out grew it! Here's hoping y'all will out grow your van also! :)

Will and Jack are getting so big! Such beautiful little guys!!

Amber Ross said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your new ride!! The boys are just too cute!

The Smith Family said...

Love love love reading your blog. Congrats on your mini van! The boys are adorable!