December 16, 2010

Catch Up...

Okay...I've decided that the blogs that I was wanting to write on all the different things in our life is just not going to happen!  So here is a "catch-up" blog to get you up to date with our lives, and to take away my guilt for getting so behind and not posting for days!! =)  I think after that, at least for right now, I might just plan on doing a once a week blog.  The boys just seem to have radar...when I pick up the laptop, they start crying!  How do they know?? =)  

-----

First off... Last Wednesday, Justin got in a car accident on his way home from work.  A big Ford truck crossed traffic in front of him, and he couldn't do anything but brake, brace, and hit the guy.  The truck won.  But thankfully, he was only going 35-40 mph, and even though his airbags didn't deploy, no one was hurt!  Justin had a sore neck for a little while, but God was sure protecting him...I'm so thankful!!

Here is a picture with his munched Sonata...


The insurance ruled it totalled since the frame was damaged. This turned out to be a great thing, because in just a few days, my hubby will be the proud driver of this pretty car...
A 2011 Hyundai Sonata!!  He liked his old Sonata, and the new updates are just great! He is so excited and can hardly wait to get his new car!!

----

On Sunday, with the help of my parents, I threw Justin a surprise 30th birthday party!  His birthday isn't until next Tuesday, and I think he was genuinely surprised!  I had been planning on throwing him a surprise 30th since he turned 29, but wasn't sure how it would happen, since I thought I'd be delivering twins a lot closer to his birthday.  But since the boys came early, I had time to get a nice party planned! I invited about 40 people, and thought we'd have a great turnout. But with all the sickness going around, we only had 5 people! =(  Everyone was so sweet to think of our boys and not bring germs around, but it still made me sad that there wasn't a huge group of people to yell surprise! Justin had a great time though, and we had a lot of fun with the great friends that were able to come!








The Birthday Boy



----

I just wanted to post  a picture of our new family Christmas stockings!  I just love them!  I got them from Pottery Barn Kids, and they are all personalized! I can hardly wait for the years of the boys digging into the little gifts in them every Christmas!  (And notice Betsy's stocking in the middle...of course she has to have one too!)
I just realized that I never posted any pictures of the boys' nursery and the playroom.  My mom was such a huge help in getting this finished, and I just love it!!


An Uppercase Living decal on their door...


Another one on the wall in the playroom... We are planning on putting up pictures of the boys as they grow underneath!


I just can't say enough thanks to my mom...she has helped me so much since I got pregnant!  She is the most amazing mom, and has given so much of her time to make our lives easier!  She has cooked for us, cleaned our house, planted flowers in the yard, decorated the boys' nursery, decorated our house for fall and Christmas, helped to reorganize areas of the house, and spent weeks here with me helping with the boys!  Mom--you are my best friend and I just don't know how to tell you how much I appreciate all you've done for me.  I love you so much!! Thank you for everything you've done for us!!

----

Some random pictures of my three favorite men...



Wide-eyed Will...

Half asleep Jack...

---

And now a little tidbit on my enemies...


Now don't get me wrong...I don't have a problem with the boys having a pacifier.  They got them in the NICU, and they really help when they need to suck.  But...in the last week or so, they have figured out a fun little game for mommy.  They have figured out that if they spit them out (every 5 seconds), and then cry and SCREAM, mommy will come and put them back in!  Mommy has tried to let them calm themselves and not rush in, but this only leads to louder screaming and snorting!  So right now, many hours of my day are spent retrieving and putting back in pacis!

But...I wouldn't trade it for anything!! I love being a mommy to my boys, including the times when I can't get anything done!  They are just the best gifts God could have ever given me, and not a day passes when I don't think about how lucky I am to have my babies!  I am so excited about this Christmas! I've always dreamed of being a mommy to children here on Earth, and this year, it is happening!!

Hope you're having a great week--I'm going to do a better job of blogging regularly, even if it is only once a week!


4 comments:

Cristina said...

WHEW!!! That was a lot of catch up!
I hate that we missed the party too... but so glad that you had a good time. =)

Talk to you soon, friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful Justin is alright and that you are enjoying your boys (even with those paci problems)! Happy Birthday to Justin! Merry Christmas Steiner Family! Your a blessing to all who know you!
Love,
Brenda

Joy said...

We used to buy more pacis every time we went to the store...I think we had 6 or 7 stashed in different areas of our house for easy grabbing! Ha! Even then, it was amazing to us that we could still lose all of them. :-) It won't be long and the boys will figure out how to put them back in themselves. They are such sweet babies! We love the stockings!!!

Marie W said...

Thats quite an update! :-) I am glad to see everyone doing so well despite the accident. Happy Holidays! I know you already have the perfect gifts!