May 10, 2009

I'm so very blessed...

I dreaded today, because I knew it was going to be a tough day. But, even though it was hard, I have also had time to think about how very blessed I really am. I have so many amazing people in my life who love me, and I'm so thankful for them!

I want to first tell my mom "Happy Mother's Day"!! We had brunch at their house this morning, and it was such a nice time with my sweet mom!

She is such a wonderful and incredible woman, and I am honored to have her. She is beautiful on the inside and out, and a true friend to everyone she meets. She is a woman of God, and a powerful prayer warrior. I'm so glad that she is now living here in Texas--I just love all of time we get to spend together! Momma--I love you so very much!!



I think this is where my mom likes to be best--nestled in flowers! Well, maybe she would rather be shoe shopping.... but I don't have a picture of that! =) Isn't she beautiful?!



Being silly in a fountain at the Dallas Arboretum--that we probably weren't supposed to be in, but hey, it was pretty hot!!

Again, by the flowers.
With one of my mom's closest friends, Debbie, who was like a mother to me when I was in college.

And today, on Mother's day, celebrating her!
~~~
I was also so blessed by my family and friends this week. I think God put it on their hearts to encourage them these last few days! My sweet husband had these flowers sent to me--such a wonderful surprise!

I've gotten so many emails, texts, and cards also. Today was so hard. As I was sitting in front of Jonathan's grave this morning, I had so many tears over the fact that even though I am technically a mother, it's sometimes hard to really feel it because I never got to "mother" him. I never saw him smile, changed his diaper, heard him giggle, kissed away a boo-boo, or rocked him to sleep. That is really hard...but, so many people have reminded me that, even though my babies are not here on Earth, I am indeed a mother.
I got this card, anonymously on Friday...such a special gift--from some sweet friend of mine. Thank you!

I also went today and had a pedicure with my friend Jolene. What a fun time we had--she is so thoughtful and always seems to know just when I need to have time together! Love you, Jo!
When she dropped me off at home, this was on my doorstep. Another precious anonymous gift from a sweet friend.



What a special gift!
Here is the assortment of wonderful cards that I received this mother's day.




So on a day that started out hard, God has blessed me so much with absolutely amazing people in my life. I am so very blessed, and on days like today, especially on days like today, I am thankful.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, what an amazing Mothers Day tribute to you. I know you'd give anything to have your babies in exchange, still, it's so precious (and rare) that people remembered and acknowledge what is otherwise a very difficult day.

Tena said...

Alyson,
I'm so glad you got both tangible and intangible items today - on this Mother's Day. May you continue to be surrounded by His love and that of others as you continue to mourn.
One day, you'll be the mother to a child (children!!) who will remain with you on earth.
Love you!

Christina said...

Alyson,
Those pictures of you and your mom are so beautiful! You are SO blessed. You are so fortunate to have such a great support system. God has a plan for you and I know you know that! You will be a great mother. I'm grateful for your testimony of strength and courage.

jennyhope said...

so you have lost 4 children? My heart just aches for you. I can not even imagine!!!
Do you have an incompetent cervix??
I am going to say a prayer tonight. Much love!
your babies are with my sweet baby Shelby to.

Aaron said...

Aly...what an unbelievable Mothers day you had! Hoping next year is even better!!

Love you...Aaron

carolinagirl said...

Alyson,

I, too, was dreading Mother's Day. I woke up with you on my mind and prayed for you constantly throughout the day. I'm so glad God provided small blessings for you all day long.

Amy

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you had a good day...I was thinking about you and prayng for you all day yesterday!
Love, Bess

Lianna Knight said...

Alyson,

This post just made me cry...I am crying happy tears. You have SUCH a loving family and SUCH loving friends that I am just overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of all the precious gifts you received on Mother's Day. Each and every single one of them were so so precious.

I am glad you had a great day!

I wish that you could have come with Amy to Jax last weekend...I so dearly want to meet you too!

Many blessings!