October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday...

It's amazing how many things there are to be thankful for! It is so easy to get caught up in the hard things happening in life, but right now, I'd rather focus on the wonderful things!
So here goes for today...

1) I'm thankful for a special day to remember my babies. Yesterday was Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness day. I know that most moms who have lost babies remember them each and every day, and don't need a special day, but it still means a lot to me that there is a day set aside to officially remember them. I spent yesterday making Jonathan's scrapbook. It was kind of hard, but was healing as well. I'm thankful to have a book full of the memories and pictures of his life. Justin and I also lit a candle in honor of all four of our babies. It was part of the 'wave of light' around the world of people lighting candles in honor of babies who get to live their whole lives in the presence of Jesus. Even though I will never know what the personalities of each of my babies would have been, I will never forget them: Hope, Matthew, Leah, and Jonathan. Thank you, Jesus for loving my babies and taking care of them!

2) I'm thankful for my parents, Steve and Joyce Hall. I can't begin to express what they both mean to me. Not only have they been amazing parents, they are some of my very best friends. I can't imagine my life without their guidance, their love, their strength, and their faith. They have been there for me through some pretty tough times, especially in the last 3 months, and I don't know what I would do without them. I can't wait to get to see them again this weekend when I head out to California!

3)I'm thankful for new friends. Last night, I went to dinner with my Table 12 girls. You're probably thinking, what?? Last month, our church had a women's evening, and I sat at Table 12 and met a bunch of wonderful women. We decided that we wanted to get to know each other better, and we actually coordinated all of our schedules and went to dinner together! So the Table 12 girls have started our monthly fun nights! I'm thankful for each of them, and can't wait to get to know them better!
(Someday I'll be good at remembering my camera--forgot to take a picture!! Oops!)


I'm on my way to California on Saturday morning to spend some time with my family. I will take a bunch of pictures and report back next week! =) Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Have a great time with your parents...sometimes we just NEED that...the love only parents can give!

Blessings and prayers for a safe trip!

Diane said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Writer Chic said...

I think that the Table 12 thing is the neatest idea, and I hope some wonderful relationships transpire because of it.

amy (metz) walker said...

I want a group of friends with a really cool name!!!! ;-) I miss Hope Fellowship so much...

Have a great time with your parents and tell them hello! When are you coming to Atlanta?!

Candie said...

I love Thankful Thursdays and want to start doing that this week. It's got to be such "grounder" after a long week. I miss ya but enjoy keeping up through the blog!