October 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday (on Monday)

So one of my blogger friends, Lianna, does a "Thankful Thursday" every week. She is another 'mommy-in-waiting' and I absolutely love to read her blog. She is an inspiration to me by the words and scriptures that she posts. Thanks, Lianna! (And I'm praying that we'll be able to meet someday and introduce each other to our children!)



So...today was a kind of a hard day. Not at all as bad as a couple days I had last week, but for some reason, I was just kind of mellow today. I don't like the feeling, but I've been assured that any of the feelings that I have are normal. So I thought I would follow Lianna's example, and instead of just focusing on the hard things in my life, I needed to publically list some of things that I'm thankful for. Maybe I'll just start doing this every Thursday, since Thankful Thursday has more of a ring to it than Thankful Monday! =)



Here goes...


1) I'm thankful for my husband. As I've mentioned before (but not often enough), Justin is my rock. He loves me so much, and tells me, even when I feel my worst. He compliments me and builds me up, gives me the attention I need (and also the space I need), and he daily makes me laugh! Justin works so hard to provide for us, and is such a wonderful leader of our family. Thank you Justin, for being the best husband in the world! I love you so much!!!





2) I'm thankful for my Betsy. I know that could seem silly to some people who don't have furry children, but honestly, every day I think of how lucky I am to have this sweet dog in my life. She is a source of unconditional love for both of us. She is the biggest cuddler, constantly happy to be as close as she possibly can be to us. (Right now she is sleeping by my feet! I've never been welcomed with such excitement by anyone each and every time I come in the door, even if I've only gone out to get the mail! I mean, how could you not be thankful for this adorable face?!

(This was her begging me for a bite of my dinner the other night)

3) Silly, but I'm thankful for my laptop! It was in the shop for almost three weeks, and we just got it back tonight. It makes my life so much easier, and I think I blog more often when I have it too! I'm thankful that it was fixed, under warranty, and that none of our files or programs were erased. Isn't technology great, when it's working?!

Just three for tonight, but I'm planning on doing more in a few days. Check back for Thankful Thursday!

5 comments:

Diane said...

I'm sorry to know you were a bit down this past week...never hesitate to pick up a phone and I'll figure out a way to create at least a little something to smile about! And don't even look at the clock first...if it was 3:00 AM and I saw your name on my phone, I would answer with excitement!

I'm glad you are picking up the "Thankful" theme! Perspective makes such a HUGE difference! You have so much to be thankful for...and tough times can shine a big, bright light on some of those things! I love Justin so much for the husband he is to you...I'm awfully thankful for him too!

Know you are constantly being bathed in prayer and are so loved by so many! I miss you so much...glad you have the laptop back, you know I am a blog addict! =) Love you sis!

Ronni said...

what a great idea. im thankful to have you as a friend :)

Lianna Knight said...

Ahhh....I'm so glad you enjoy my Thankful Thursdays, and please continue to join in :) That is why I started it...instead of asking for God to bless us with a baby, I needed to tell him THANK YOU for all the things He has already provided for us. In His time.

Many blessings to you :)

PS I love my fur baby too...he is the light of my life and I love how he gets so excited to see me when I come home every day too!

amy (metz) walker said...

Aw, I LOVE Lianna! She's a doll...and so are you! I love you and miss you so much! Love your Thankful Thursdays and I totally get the "fur babies" one!

Jodi said...

Oct 15 - Candle lit and burning for you babies and mine.
Love ya!
Jodi Sue :)