July 30, 2008

Wednesday Update

Once again, we want to express our thanks to each of you who are supporting us with your prayers, scriptures, and words of encouragement.
As of right now, we are at 66 hours since Alyson's water broke. We just heard the heartbeat of Jonathan again and it is a strong 144 beats per minute. The baby continues to move and the nurses keep finding him in a different spot each time they come into check and listen for the heartbeat.
We have had wonderful visits from our family, friends, and pastors from our church that have helped us to continue to stay strong and trust in the Lord.

If you would, please pray for the following:
1. The baby to continue to develop his organs and lungs.
2. For Alyson and Jonathan's bodies to resist infection.
3. The amniotic fluid to rebuild and stay close to Jonathan.
4. For Alyson's cervix to stay strong and as closed as possible.

As my mother drove me from my home in McKinney, Texas to the hospital she remembered a chapter in the Bible that Alyson and I are encouraged by.

Psalm 91
1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.
3 For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.
4 He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7 Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.
8 Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished.
9 If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
13 You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!
14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name.
15 When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. 16 I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.”

9 comments:

dayna said...

hey aly...just saw your updates and wanted to let you know that we're praying for all of you!
dayna

twomomsforus said...

Praying...love and blessings to you all!

Kelly said...

Awesome verses!
I just said a prayer for ya'll.

Diane said...

Verse 15 is so perfect...the Lord is with you in this "trouble" and "will rescue and honor" you!

I was meditating last night on why God allows us to go through difficult situations and it was impressed upon my heart that He has you in that hospital in that department because someone needs to hear the Gospel. You are living your faith with your response to this situation and you are truly allowing God to shine through you. I don't know who it is (it is a woman in my vision), but I believe that God has you there as His witnesses and I know you will be sensitive to any opportunity He may place before you to share His love and salvation with anyone you may come in contact with.

As I continue to pray for your specific needs regarding Jonathan, I will also be praying for your part in God's Kingdom purposes! My respect for you both goes through the roof as I read these updates and see how you are deeply rooted in your faith and trusting His provision - it is renewing my passion for God's promises in Scripture! I love you so much and I know exactly what it means to be praying 24/7...you are never out of my thoughts and I am literally lifting you up in prayer every minute of the day!

amy (metz) walker said...

Alyson and Justin lost their little one earlier this morning. Aly is in labor delivering baby Jonathan so please, please be praying for this family!!!!!!

Riley Kai said...

Praying that God lays his loving and healing hand on your family!

Kim said...

Stopping by again from Joy's blog to let you know that I am thinking about you today. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I pray that God will heal your broken hearts.

Dave and Tara Harris said...

I am friends with Rex and Jen Richards and I just heard that yall need prayer at this very difficult time in your lives. I am a NICU/newborn nurse in Arlington, so I know exactly what yall are experiencing in the hospital and I want you to know that God is with you, even when you feel alone. The prayer chain is strong and I pray that you will feel all the love and support that is needed to lift your spirits up at this time.

twomomsforus said...

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful son. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.