July 24, 2008

Great friends...

Here is the promised post of the great time we had with my friends the last two weeks...

My best friend from high school, Jenny, along with her husband Jeff, helped another set of friends, Katie and her husband Nic, move across country from Boston back to California. They were nice enough to take a slightly southern detour into Texas to spend a few days visiting us!! We had such a wonderful time with them! We girls had a great time cooking a meal all together. One thing I love about spending time with these friends is that they always make me laugh--what fun!

Jenny, Jeff, Katie, Nic, me, Justin, Betsy
With the cars...
Silly...
Eating our dinner...
Best friends--always!!!
The last part of my friend extravaganza was when one of my best friends from college, Dara, and her daughter Brianna came to visit for a long weekend. She was even nice enough to leave her little boy Riley and husband Brian at home so we could have a girls weekend! I really feel so lucky to have such great friends that are willing to come all the way to Texas to spend time with me!
Dara, Brianna, and I had so much fun--we went to the waterpark, a big flea market, swam in our little pool, and went to Sam Moon (a great purse store)! Fun girl time--poor Justin, who had to work most of the time!! Here are some pictures from their time here.

Brianna and Betsy are best buddies--I think Betsy played fetch with Brianna more in those four days than she has in years!! =)
Such a cutie pie!
Having fun in the wave pool...
Dara and Brianna on the big water slide!
Chilling in our little pool!

I can hardly believe what a little lady Brianna is. She will be 6 in December, and it just amazes me how much she has changed since the last time I saw her! She was born just 7 days before I got married, so I can hardly believe she is starting kindergarten next week! It goes so quickly--I know if will feel like just a blink and our little Jonathan will be starting kinder, too! Time sure flies! Thanks everyone for coming to visit us--I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciated it!!!

7 comments:

TN Bakers said...

oh my goodness Aly, I had no idea you were expecting....CONGRATS, GIRL!!!! Little boys are the best, and I love the name you picked out. My brother is Jonathan and he's the best. I am so happy to know you have a blog, now we can keep up a little easier hopefully. thanks for your comment and I look forward to hearing all about the remainder of the pregnancy and birth of little Jonathan. You'll be in my prayers. much love!!! - amy

Tena said...

yeah! just got the update and then wanted to check out the blog...so glad everything is going well with the 'newest Steiner' and that it's a boy! Let me know if you need any help with getting ready or you just need some baby practice - I'll bring Eli right over! Hope to see you soon!

Kelly said...

Amy Walker e-mailed me to let me know about you and the baby. I'm praying for you and asking others to pray as well. God can do anything!

Heather said...

I don't know you or your family, but please know that I am praying for you and your baby!

Jenna said...

Praying for you!!!!

Jennifer said...

Just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your precious baby Jonathan!

Riley Kai said...

You are in our prayers and so many others!