July 29, 2008

Tuesday Update

Before I give an update, Alyson and I both want to express our sincerest gratitude towards every one of you! We have been so blessed by all the prayers, all the scriptures, and the kind words that you have given to us. Even those who we don't even know...thank you! This truly shows what the Body of Christ really is. Alyson and I have both felt the Holy Spirit in this room as we have read encouraging words and have talked to so many people who have given us their support.

We both wanted to give you a quick update. As of right now, 2:oo PM on Tuesday, we are at 36 hours after Alyson's water breaking. Her temperature has remained below normal (no sign of infection), and Jonathan's heartrate has remained strong. Alyson can still feel the little guy moving and tap dancing. The location of his heartbeat even moved from one side to other last night. So he is still going strong! Please continue to keep praying because things need to continue like this for weeks to come.

Alyson told me to let you all know that she wants to post a blog herself as soon as I bring her her laptop from home.

God Bless you all,

Justin, Alyson, and baby Jonathan

Exodus 23:25-26 "Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span."

Isaiah 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

20 comments:

Ronni said...

Praise God! We are continuing to pray for the good news to keep rolling in.

Baby Meng said...

We are still praying for God's hand to protect Baby Jonathan. Be still and know that I am God.... the author of life.

The steiner life said...

Justin and Alyson,
My prayers are with you and Jonathan. He will be stronng and perfect li8ke his namesake. I'm so very touched that you would name hiom after Uncle John. my prayers and love are with you now.
Love Aunt Mona

Doug said...

The Davis'es are all praying for you. God will be with you and that small life he created.
- Doug Davis & Family

graysonsmommy said...

Justin
Out prayers are with you alyson and baby johnathan.
Joe Betsy and Grayson Delautre
(charles and jimmies daughter and son n law)

Jenna said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are praying.

twomomsforus said...

Linked to you from another site - you are in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Prayers are being sent up for you from Gainesville, Virginia. Baby Jonathan is blessed to have such strong and loving parents.

~~Sisi Hayes (Sister of Diana Bradford...who is friends with Amy Walker.)

The Writer Chic said...

Still praying!

LW said...

Linked to you from Amy Walker's blog. Our prayers are with your family at this time.

Jenn said...

My water broke with our daughter at 31 weeks and I stayed in the hospital with her until she was born at 35 1/2 weeks. She came into this world weighing 4 pounds and 15 oz. She is now 8 years old and is smart, witty, and loves going to church. She even swam on the swimteam this year and got 1st place in lots of events(not bad for preemie lungs). When my water broke in the middle of the night I prayed and I prayed hard. As I lay there waiting to see what was going to happen I invisioned me placing a baby wrapped in a white blanket at the foot of the cross. We did not find out what we were having so I said," Lord you will be done with this child and I will accept whatever that is." I pray that for you and that the Lord gives you strenght and peace. God Bless you all!

Unknown said...

My name is Jennifer. You don't know me but I work for Gospel Revival Ministries and received your request via e-mail. I am pregnant and I am just one day behind you. Since I read your request I have been praying non stop. As I sit here feeling little Sarah tap dance inside I can only imagine what you are going through right now. All I know is that God is so faithful and that He has your little Jonathan in the palm of His hands. My husband and I will continue to pray until we hear that Jonathan is out safe and sound.

Steve and Katie Pittler said...

Hi, I am a friend of Kristen and Aaron. I wanted you to know that I passed your story on to hundreds of Baltimore area moms who are sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Stay strong and know that you are receiving the best care possible. Good things happen to good people. From one mom to another-Katie Pittler

KellyB said...

Found you guys on a different blog...Praying for you all.....

Unknown said...

Dear Aly, I'm so glad that Mom's with you now and able to "hover" over you! God bless you today and everyday you are sheltering and protecting Jonathan. I'll talk to you later. Dad

Kelly said...

What a great testimony ya'll have so far! Prayed this morning that God would protect Jonathan.

Reed said...

Our family is praying for your family. Peace and grace of God be with you all~ Kadi Prescott

twomomsforus said...

Still praying - just wanted to add that I had preterm labor at 25 weeks, 27 weeks (car accident - hit by drunk driver), water broke at 31 weeks, baby delivered at 33 weeks. God is there - he carried me from week 25 to week 33 and now I have the most amazingly healthy 2 year old. Sending you lots of love!

Aubrey and Jen said...

As soon as I heard, I called Pastor John who sent Pastor Larry right away and I'm SO glad b/c it sounds like he came right when you needed an encouraging word! We have all of our friends & families praying for you guys...keep the faith b/c God sees the big picture and is holding you guys in his hands! Can't wait to hear the next good report! Love you guys!

~jen

Aubrey and Jen said...

As soon as I heard, I called Pastor John who sent Pastor Larry & I'm so glad b/c it sounds like he came right when you needed an encouraging face! We have all of our friends & family praying for you guys. The Lord will give you strength and peace...he has you in his hands! Love you so much!

~jen