May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day is such a day of crazy emotions still for me...

I'm so thankful joy and an overwhelming feeling of being blessed are the predominant ones in my heart today, but I'll never forget the years of dreading this day.  The years of avoiding going to church, the years after miscarriages that I wasn't sure if I was supposed to stand up when they asked for mothers.  The extra stinging reminder on this day that my arms were still so empty when the only focus of my life for so long was trying to fill them.  Yes, Mother's Day is a very tough day. For those of you who are still in the midst of the journey towards getting your arms filled, I remember you today... know that your struggle is still at the forefront of my mind and heart, and I'm lifting you up to the Father a little bit extra today. I'm praying that the Holy Spirit will give you His supernatural peace and comfort, but also his JOY!  Joy might seem strange, but I am confident that God has an incredible plan that involves you as a mom! I'm praying that you will have joy knowing that He is in control and WILL answer your prayers!! As always, I'm praying that this is your very last Mother's Day with tears of sadness, and that next year you'll be able to join me with tears of joy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Mother's Day to all of my dear friends as well--you are all examples to me of how to be a mom that strives to show Jesus to my children every day!  I treasure each and every one of you!

And Amy--Happy 1st Mother's Day, my friend!  I've prayed so hard that you would finally be able to celebrate this day with me! I'm just so so so excited for you and happy that God has finally answered your prayers in His perfect way!  Enjoy every minute of being MOMMY today!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I never truly understood the love my mom had for me until I was finally a mother.  Mom--you are truly an incredible woman and I am so amazingly blessed to have you as MY mom!  We have always been close-- I cherish every experience we've had, every talk and chat, every meal we've cooked together, every fun place we've visited together! You are my best friend and I love it that I need you just as much at 30 as I did when I was 5 or 15! =) But seeing you now as "Gigi" is the ultimate feeling of fulfillment to me.  I always knew I wanted to be a mommy, but I didn't realize how much I would love watching you as a grandma!  Thank you for the unconditional love you have always had for me, and now for the head-over-heels love you give my boys each and every day.  You are truly the most caring, thoughtful, and encouraging person I have known, and I'm honored to be your daughter! Happy Mother's Day, Mommy!



To my wonderful mother-in-law Kathy, I'm truly thankful to be your daughter-in-law!  I love watching you as "Mammaw" to the boys!  I have always seen you as a fantastic grandma to Ryley, but I'm enjoying every minute of seeing you interact with our boys.  You are patient, fun, thoughtful, and creative and I love how you always take the time to teach them new things each time you are with them.  I love getting a 'glimpse' of what it must have been like for Justin growing up with you as a mom.  He is a lucky son to have had you as his mom, as our boys are now blessed to have you as their grandma! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And to my sweet sons... I'm beyond ecstatic that God chose me to be your mommy.  I never knew life could be so sweet, that each day could be filled with so many new and wonderful things, and that just a smile from you could melt my heart each and every time.  God created me to be your mommy, and I will always do my very best to teach you, guide you, tell you about Jesus, and take care of you, because you are both my miracles from God! 

 William and Jackson, I love you more than you will ever even begin to know!  

3 comments:

Gene Steiner said...

We are so thankful for you, Alyson. We rejoice with you as the mother of our grandsons Will and Jack. Motherhood is a precious calling, and God has uniquely prepared you for the joyful journey of raising your sons to be godly men

Jenny Brannan said...

You are so thoughtful! I love you Aly! I'm so thankful to have you as a life long friend. I've always looked up to you in so many ways... and now I can add a wonderful Mommy to the list!

Kendra said...

So wonderful!!! I agree with what you said...Mother's Day is always so precious to me these last 3 years, but bittersweet as I rememeber that for so many years it wasn't. And for so many women it still isn't.

We are BLESSED and may we never forget it!!