July 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!


The day has arrived, and I'm planning on going out to the cemetery this morning to put a "Happy Birthday" balloon on Jonathan's grave and spend some time remembering him. Justin's family is coming in tonight, and we are going to go again in the morning and celebrate Jonathan's life. Tough times, but like I said before, I want to celebrate my baby. But it is hard. Last night I had somewhat of a meltdown, and I'm not quite sure how the next few days will be, but I'm thankful to have family around. He wasn't just our son, he was their grandson, nephew, and cousin too, and we all are missing him so much today.
It is hard to know exactly how to feel today.


My friend Kristen sent me this poem after my last blog, and I think it is perfect for today. Thank you, friend for sharing it with me...


It's my first birthday in Heaven,
what a joy to partake.
My presents are flowers and rainbows
and angel food cake.

My crib is decorated with roses
and glitter.
And the stars that shine upon me
make everything shimmer.

The angels are dancing and
singing me songs.
Soon Jesus will be joining us.
It won't be long.

We'll all gather and pray
for our loved ones on earth
who love us and miss us
since the day of our birth.

You see, birthdays in Heaven
are full of happiness and cheer.
We celebrate with our loved ones
who preceeded us here.

Please don't be sad anymore
I've been at peace for one year.
Just love me and pray for me,
and shed not another tear.

Yes, birthdays in Heaven
are beautiful and gay.
One day we will celebrate together, for this moment Mommy and Daddy we pray.


I love you so much, my sweet boy. Jonathan Paul, I will never forget each and every moment I got to spend with you. You were beautiful and perfect, and you looked so much like your daddy. We miss you so very much, and can't wait for the day in Heaven that we get to hold you in our arms again!


Happy 1st Birthday!


Love, Mommy

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying you and your family at this difficult time of celebration. Mine are coming up too, and I am not sure how to make it through. Although God has blessed me with a MIRACLE growing inside me, it does not make those days any easier. Thank you for sharing this day with us.

Tena said...

Love you, friend!

carolinagirl said...

I will be praying for you today and this weekend as you celebrate Jonathan's 1st birthday!

Jodi said...

Hugs from all of us!
We love y'all!
We are praying for you especially through this difficult week!

Love you!

Marie W said...

Happy birthday sweet Jonathan. I hope you have a wonderful day with the creator and the rest of the angels. Share some cake with Alyssa-Joy and Evan for me.
Alyson you are in my thoughts and prayers...

amy (metz) walker said...

I've been thinking about and praying for you for days...love you and I'm here for you!

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

erickson family said...

I've been thinking of you and Jonathon all day. I pray that Jesus is celebrating with him right now. Happy Birthday, Jonathon-we miss you.

Andrea Bernard said...

Lots of love and all-encompassing hugs to you both today especially. We've been thinking of you and praying for you this whole week - Lord, please hold them up and give them joy, peace, and strength only You can. We love you and miss you - can't wait to see you next week and hold you in person! Happy Birthday to your sweet little man, and may this special day somehow be a reminder of God's ever-faithfulness.

Anonymous said...

Love you Alyson and Justin! I am praying for you this weekend.

Ronni said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan! Alyson & Justin - we are continuing to pray for you - we love you!

Riley Kai said...

I have been without a computer for weeks. However, I wanted you to know that I thought about you all day on the 31st. I remembered the date, I rememebered you and mostly I remembered your sweet little boy. I wish I had words for you today the same wish I had a year ago. Please know that he will not be forgotten. That he touched people that you have not even met (me!)Praying for you through this difficult time. What an amazing birthday he had! We should all be so lucky some day!

Candie said...

Alyson, I got on to read your comments and really thought I'd left one. Lots of love to you. I'm praying for you and looking more towards scripture than ever before to try and find peace for you and others who are enduring such pain. Lots of love again.

Cristina said...

Hey friend,
I hope that you and Justin are doing alright.... we are thinking about you and Jonathan, of course. Love you and miss guys!