June 23, 2008

It's A.....


BOY!!!!!

We are SOOOO thrilled to announce that we are pregnant with a boy!! Our 18 week sonogram was today, and Justin and I were both very surprised and happy to hear the news!! At my sonogram appointment 3 weeks ago, the nurse had guessed a girl, so we were very surpised today! We had decided that she couldn't be wrong, but I guess our baby is pretty sneaky!!


Justin is so proud to be having a son. It falls to him to continue on the Steiner line of his family, and really did want a son. I'm so glad his wish is coming true!!!


Our due date is still November 25, but our baby is measuring 1 week and 2 days ahead of schedule!! Yikes!! That means our baby is on the big side!! We will definitely be monitored carefully towards the end, especially since Justin was 10 lbs, 6 oz at birth, and my doctor says that a baby's birthweight is based on the daddy!! (Not fair--I was only 6 lbs, 13 oz!!!) Oh well--we are ecstatic and I will be so happy, no matter how big my baby boy is!!


My parents happened to be in town this week, and they got to come to the sonogram with us. It was so much fun to have them there, and they loved getting to be there to find out the sex of their first grandbaby!!



I've attached some pictures of my belly at 17 weeks, some during the sonogram, and 3 sonogram pictures of the baby. Enjoy!!

My belly last week. The baby is definitely starting to pop out a bit!! (I told you I'd post a belly picture once it really started to show!!)



Waiting in the doctor's office for the sonogram! SO excited!!

My dad snapped this photo right as she said, "It's a boy!" The looks on both our faces capture how surprised and happy we were!! Who says you have to wait until birth to get a great surprise?!!


My mom and Justin. Can't you tell he is beaming knowing that he has a son?!




Click on the picture above to see the pictures more closely. The top two are both the "alien" look of our baby! They are straight on shots of our little boy's face! The bottom one is a profile shot--you can see his head, abdomen, a little bit of the umbilical cord and his left upper leg. They scanned in kind of dark, so they are a bit hard to see! Sorry!
We'll post more info soon--about our son!!!







4 comments:

Joy said...

I love the smile on Justin's face!!!!!

rsmbeckemy said...

Congratulations on your baby boy! How exciting!!

I thought I was a big baby - my birth weight was 10 lbs. 3 oz. I guess Justin beat me by a few ounces!

Baby Meng said...

Mike, Meng and I are super excited. Meng will have another friend to play with. Yippee!!!

Aaron said...

YEAHHH BOY!! So excited its a boy! I hope it gets my personality...

Can't wait to be an uncle!