March 4, 2008

Snow in March!!!



What a beautiful view to wake up to this morning!! Last night, we went to sleep around 10 with snow falling outside. When we got up this morning, I looked outside and saw a beautiful, thick layer of white!! We got about 3 inches last night. I know that isn't a lot, but for this central California girl, it was gorgeous!! My school is delayed until 10:30, and Justin got to hang around here until 7:30 or so until the traffic calmed down a bit. What a treat!

I've attached some pictures of the front yard and cul-de-sac, as well as some of the backyard. Betsy and I just couldn't resist having some fun! =)









Isn't the tree pretty with the ice on it?!






I just couldn't resist!!!!
(Please ignore the AWFUL hair and glasses!!)




Pretend you can't see the grass--isn't that a great snow angel?! I haven't made one for years!!
Betsy LOVES snow!! She was jumping and running, and burying her nose in it!!

We threw her ball, and she couldn't find it. It ended up getting buried in the snow, and we had to stomp around until we heard it squeak to find it!!
Isn't she pretty??

Too bad it won't last--supposed to be 56 today, and it is already melting! Sunday was in the 70s and I was in shorts, and we'll probably be back up in those temps in the next couple days. Like the saying says, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, just wait 10 minutes!!" Boy is that true!










1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

Ah, gotta love the bi-polar Texas weather! The ice tree is really gorgeous!