March 15, 2008

My Daffodils...

Last year was the first time ever that I actually had enough foresight to plant flower bulbs in the fall. Back in November, Justin and I worked very hard and planted about 60 daffodil bulbs in our front yard. It was really hard work--and we actually injured ourselves! I hurt my shoulder and Justin his wrist--we felt like such old fogeys!! After all that, I pretty much forgot about them until mid February, when I notice they were beginning to shoot up through the dirt. I was so excited to see them, but could hardly believe it was already time for them to start coming. It took almost a month for them to start to bloom, and then came the snow... I was so worried that the snow would kill them, but they are just fine! Now they are just about in full bloom, and I love them! Enjoy the pictures!


As they started to bloom...

2 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Apparently I'm retarded because we have those same flowers blooming in our front yard and I've been thinking this whole time they were called "buttercups".

Justinand said...

I'm pretty sure they can be called both...so you're right too!